Need to print directory listing to txt file

I need to Print a directory listing to a text (.txt) file so I can import it
into a spreadsheet for sorting, counting, etc. I have added the 'Print
Directory Listing' prin.bat file and can print directly to the printer.
Currently I scan/ocr the list and can import it that way but it seems as if
I should be able to eliminate a step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Donald
1 answer Last reply
More about need print directory listing file

    "Donald C. McNeilly" <dc.mcneilly@verizon.net> wrote in message

    >I need to Print a directory listing to a text (.txt) file so I
    >can import it into a spreadsheet for sorting, counting, etc. I
    >have added the 'Print Directory Listing' prin.bat file and can
    >print directly to the printer. Currently I scan/ocr the list and
    >can import it that way but it seems as if I should be able to
    >eliminate a step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    From a command prompt window, issue the command

    dir \foldername > filename.txt

    Please reply to the newsgroup