Need to print directory listing to txt file

I need to Print a directory listing to a text (.txt) file so I can import it
into a spreadsheet for sorting, counting, etc. I have added the 'Print
Directory Listing' prin.bat file and can print directly to the printer.
Currently I scan/ocr the list and can import it that way but it seems as if
I should be able to eliminate a step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Donald

"Donald C. McNeilly" <dc.mcneilly@verizon.net> wrote in message

>I need to Print a directory listing to a text (.txt) file so I
>can import it into a spreadsheet for sorting, counting, etc. I
>have added the 'Print Directory Listing' prin.bat file and can
>print directly to the printer. Currently I scan/ocr the list and
>can import it that way but it seems as if I should be able to
>eliminate a step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From a command prompt window, issue the command

dir \foldername > filename.txt

Please reply to the newsgroup