Help please: New build, wich MoBo and Cooler for this configuration?

derbil

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Hi all!

I want to build a new gaming PC and i have doubts about which mother board and cooler should i buy.

The components that i've selected for my PC are these ones (please if u have any advice, critic or opinion about this components i would appreciate ur comments):

- CPU: i5-3550k 3.4Ghz
- PSU: Corsair GS700 700W Gaming Series with 80Plus cert (and others)
- RAM: Kingston HyperX XMP T1 DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GB (2X4GB)CL9
- GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC 3GB GDDR5
- SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 120GB SSD SATA3 (~500Mb/s R & W)
- HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB SATA3 64MB
- Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
- Monitor: BenQ LED FULL HD 24"

For the MoBo and the CPU Cooler i'm thinking about getting these:

- MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LX
- Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 or Hyper Evo 212

My budget is about 1500 eur.

Please i need help with this decision, any advice, comment, critic, review would be really appreciated.

And please forgive me for this [strike]horrible[/strike] english that i have!

Thanks!

cranked

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2012
Well, I assume you mean you are getting the i5-3570K?

For a mobo, look at Asrock, ASUS or Gigabyte. Depends on what features you want. Do you want to SLI at some point? What is your budget for just the mobo?

For a cooler, what type of OC are you planning?
If say 4-4.4, get the Hyper 212.
If you want to get nuts, which you don't really need to, get the Noctua. There is a pretty big price difference there, so it all depends on your needs and budget.

derbil

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Well, I assume you mean you are getting the i5-3570K?

Yes, of course. My mistake. Sorry about that.

For a mobo, look at Asrock, ASUS or Gigabyte. Depends on what features you want. Do you want to SLI at some point? What is your budget for just the mobo?

I'm unsure about what to do in the future. If i see that my GPU (HD 7950 OC) gets a llittle bit oldfashioned some years from now i don't know if it would be better to buy a new one or just get another HD 7950 OC and have a HD 7950 crossfire.
But if the question is if a want to do SLI or crossfire in the near future my answer is no, i don't hink so.
The budget... about 170 - 180€ maximum. The Asus P8Z77-V LX price is 131€ and i think it's not a bad moBo.

For a cooler, what type of OC are you planning?

I'm not really planning and exact value. I just want a good performance, good temperatures and not so much noise.
If i'm honest, i don't think i'll get more than 4GHz in a near future.

The difference between the Evo 212 and Noctua (speaking about money) is 40 € (exactly --> 28€ to 68€). If i get the Evo 212 i can get a more expensive moBo. But if you think that the moBo that i'm thinking about getting is good, i can take the noctua.
If you think that both Evo 212 and Asus P8z77-V LX are ok i can just save the money :).

Thanks for the help cranked, really appreciate it.