Can a laptop(or notebook) be upgraded

Hi,I want to know that laptops or notebook can be upgraded?If yes,then what parts can be upgraded?
8 answers Last reply
More about laptop notebook upgraded
  1. You can replace the RAM, hard drive and optical drive in virtually any laptop relatively easily. With some laptops you can replace the CPU/GPU as well but this is a bit more rare and expensive to do.
  2. If you replace the hard drive you'll want to want to have a copy of the os you want or clone the drive before installing the new drive.
  3. In which laptops I can replace CPU/GPU and what does it cost to do?
  4. Not if you got a new Mac! Jk ;p
    Most laptops are upgradable, you can upgrade pretty much everything, BUT, depends on the model of the laptop, and its expensive as fak! If you are going for a new laptop, go for what you need, upgrade will be more expensive then get it in the first place, if you think on upgrading your old laptop, you prob will be able to upgrade RAM and get a SSD, performance will rocket sky =)
  5. Can you tell the names of the models from which I can upgrade it's cpu/gpu later?
  6. Also, it really depends on how far you are willing to tear your machine apart. Check

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

to see how much RAM your laptop supports (max). Otherwise, you're pretty much on your own. HDD is easy to replace, as well as the DVD/BD drive. Most laptops are built not to be upgraded, however....
  7. ajaat said:
    Can you tell the names of the models from which I can upgrade it's cpu/gpu later?

I don't know of any to be honest, I just know they exist. It's cheaper to just buy a laptop with the CPU/GPU you want than upgrade it anyway.
  8. ajaat said:
    Can you tell the names of the models from which I can upgrade it's cpu/gpu later?

What model is your laptop?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Laptops Notebooks Systems