Sign in with
Your question

How to enable Intel integrated graphics ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 22, 2012 3:22:38 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
The iGPU options are in the "System Agent" section. There will be several things you can change, but what you need to be concerned with is "Initiate Graphic Adapter" (Set to PCIe/PCI) and "iGPU Multi-Monitor" (Set to Enabled). That works for me to be able to install the Intel drivers and Virtu on my P8Z68-V LE with a 2500K, so I would think it should work with a P8Z68-V Pro too.

tried the above on my P8Z68-V LE and it still came up with the same error: "No Intel(R) HD SandyBridge Graphics Family device was found. Check your BIOS and verify that your integrated graphics is enabled. Virtu Setup will now exit."

I rechecked and it is in enable position. Is the PCIe/PCI selection correct ? There is a PCI/PCIe option as well.

Or does this only work if you have 2 monitors or something ?
Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
April 22, 2012 3:27:51 AM

got multi monitor enabled?
m
l
April 22, 2012 6:02:37 AM

yep, enabled everything as per the instructions from DJDecibel. Updated the BIOS and tried again with all settings as per instructions and still get the error. I only have one monitor but I wouldn't have thought that makes any difference.
m
l
Related resources
April 22, 2012 6:11:53 AM

Are you connected to the GPU or the integrated? you have to be connected to the motherboard connector for it to work as the GPU output is piped there
m
l
April 22, 2012 7:28:30 AM

Also did you install the integrated drivers before running virtu setup?
m
l
April 23, 2012 9:58:22 AM

unksol said:
Are you connected to the GPU or the integrated? you have to be connected to the motherboard connector for it to work as the GPU output is piped there

Thanks for the replies.

If you mean is my monitor connected to the motherboard, then no, I used the output from the GPU as this is what the user manual told me to do. It says you can use either, and GPU is preferred:

i-Mode
To use LucidLogix Virtu solution in i-Mode, display must be connected to Sandy Bridge motherboard video output.

d-mode (Recommended mode)
To use LucidLogix Virtu solution in d-Mode, display must be connected to the discrete GPU installed in the system.

Both i-mode and d-mode enjoy the performance of Intel Sandy Bridge built-in media features and discrete card. d-mode is recommended for enhanced 3d gaming performance.

Quote:
Also did you install the integrated drivers before running virtu setup?

Would you know what these drivers are called and where I could check ? The pc was built for me and came pre-loaded. I would have thought loading the drivers was part of the Lucid installing program ?

Thx.
m
l
May 3, 2012 10:10:27 AM

Turns out the licence info in asus bios didn't match lucid drivers info. latest lucid/windows updates seems to have fixed it.
m
l
Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
May 3, 2012 4:50:49 PM

thanks for updating this :) 
m
l
!