6600 / 6230 by Tmobile?

Went to the local T mobile store today, they only had the 6600, told me the
6230 is not a tmobile phone.. true?

Is there a way for me to get a 6230, if this is the one I like, and use with
T/M w/o paying an arm and a leg?

Thanks

Scott
6 answers Last reply
More about 6600 6230 tmobile

    >Went to the local T mobile store today, they only had the 6600, told me the
    >6230 is not a tmobile phone.. true?

    Well, according to Phone Scoop (http://www.phonescoop.com) the phone isn't due
    to be released here in the states until the 4th quarter of 04. And they are not
    indicating that any of the carriers here in the states are going to carry it -
    yet.

    >Is there a way for me to get a 6230, if this is the one I like, and use with
    >T/M w/o paying an arm and a leg?

    You can probably buy it on E-Bay but it would most likely be the
    European/Asia/Africa version with 900/1800/1900 leaving out part of the USA
    capability's that are becoming more and more important.

    I think I would wait until the USA version is released and see who carries it.
    Then go to E-Bay and buy one that covers the USA bands.

    --
    John S.

    Thanks

    sc

    "John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
    > >Went to the local T mobile store today, they only had the 6600, told me
    the
    > >6230 is not a tmobile phone.. true?
    > >

    > Well, according to Phone Scoop (http://www.phonescoop.com) the phone isn't
    due
    > to be released here in the states until the 4th quarter of 04. And they
    are not
    > indicating that any of the carriers here in the states are going to carry
    it -
    > yet.
    >
    > >Is there a way for me to get a 6230, if this is the one I like, and use
    with
    > >T/M w/o paying an arm and a leg?
    >
    > You can probably buy it on E-Bay but it would most likely be the
    > European/Asia/Africa version with 900/1800/1900 leaving out part of the
    USA
    > capability's that are becoming more and more important.
    >
    > I think I would wait until the USA version is released and see who carries
    it.
    > Then go to E-Bay and buy one that covers the USA bands.
    >
    > --
    > John S.
    > e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net

    it is a t mobile phone. I have it. I got it on upgrade but am selling it

    "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks
    >
    > sc
    >
    > "John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
    > > >Went to the local T mobile store today, they only had the 6600, told me
    > the
    > > >6230 is not a tmobile phone.. true?
    > > >

    > > Well, according to Phone Scoop (http://www.phonescoop.com) the phone
    isn't
    > due
    > > to be released here in the states until the 4th quarter of 04. And they
    > are not
    > > indicating that any of the carriers here in the states are going to
    carry
    > it -
    > > yet.
    > >
    > > >Is there a way for me to get a 6230, if this is the one I like, and use
    > with
    > > >T/M w/o paying an arm and a leg?
    > >
    > > You can probably buy it on E-Bay but it would most likely be the
    > > European/Asia/Africa version with 900/1800/1900 leaving out part of the
    > USA
    > > capability's that are becoming more and more important.
    > >
    > > I think I would wait until the USA version is released and see who
    carries
    > it.
    > > Then go to E-Bay and buy one that covers the USA bands.
    > >
    > > --
    > > John S.
    > > e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net

    "John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
    > >Went to the local T mobile store today, they only had the 6600, told me
    the
    > >6230 is not a tmobile phone.. true?
    > >

    > Well, according to Phone Scoop (http://www.phonescoop.com) the phone isn't
    due
    > to be released here in the states until the 4th quarter of 04. And they
    are not
    > indicating that any of the carriers here in the states are going to carry
    it -
    > yet.
    >
    > >Is there a way for me to get a 6230, if this is the one I like, and use
    with
    > >T/M w/o paying an arm and a leg?
    >
    > You can probably buy it on E-Bay but it would most likely be the
    > European/Asia/Africa version with 900/1800/1900 leaving out part of the
    USA
    > capability's that are becoming more and more important.
    >
    > I think I would wait until the USA version is released and see who carries
    it.
    > Then go to E-Bay and buy one that covers the USA bands.
    >
    > --
    > John S.
    > e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net

    I thougt you guys had the 1900 band over there ?

    >> You can probably buy it on E-Bay but it would most likely be the
    >> European/Asia/Africa version with 900/1800/1900 leaving out part of the
    > USA
    >> capability's that are becoming more and more important.
    >>
    >> I think I would wait until the USA version is released and see who
    >> carries
    > it.
    >> Then go to E-Bay and buy one that covers the USA bands.
    >>
    >> --
    >> John S.
    >> e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net
    >
    > I thougt you guys had the 1900 band over there ?

    Nope; if I am correct, the main reason 1900 exists is due to
    licensing/allocation conflicts with the 1800 band in the Americas. As a
    point of interest, I recall the more cynical people amongst us on this group
    years back, suspected the US government pushed this angle in order to put
    the brakes on what was essentially an explosive European technology - I have
    no idea if there was ever any truth in that.

    Either way, the end result is that North and South America (but few other
    places) use 1900 - everywhere else uses 900/1800.

    Mike

    --
    Get your phone connected with LogoManager
    http://www.logomanager.co.uk

    the 6230 ...Still available for sale? :)

    "Tony" <tusiuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    | it is a t mobile phone. I have it. I got it on upgrade but am selling it
    |

    | "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote in message
    | > Thanks
    | >
    | > sc
    | >
    | > "John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
    | > the
    | > > >

    | > > Well, according to Phone Scoop (http://www.phonescoop.com) the phone
    | isn't
    | > due
    | > > to be released here in the states until the 4th quarter of 04. And
    they
    | > are not
    | > > indicating that any of the carriers here in the states are going to
    | carry
    | > it -
    | > > yet.

    | > with
    | > >
    | > > You can probably buy it on E-Bay but it would most likely be the
    | > > European/Asia/Africa version with 900/1800/1900 leaving out part of
    the
    | > USA
    | > > capability's that are becoming more and more important.
    | > >
    | > > I think I would wait until the USA version is released and see who
    | carries
    | > it.
    | > > Then go to E-Bay and buy one that covers the USA bands.
    | > >
    | > > --
    | > > John S.
    | > > e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net

Nokia