Windows in Danish

I have resently bought a new PC with a Danish version of Windows installed.
I woudl like the display language be in English. I never had this problem
before with American versions of Windows. My wifes profile is always in
Danish and Mine is in English. Is there anyway of getting the English
enabled on my Danish Windows. Any suggestions are welcome.
--
....I drank what?
8 answers Last reply

    "gr3" <gr3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    >I have resently bought a new PC with a Danish version of Windows
    >installed.
    > I woudl like the display language be in English. I never had
    > this problem
    > before with American versions of Windows. My wifes profile is
    > always in
    > Danish and Mine is in English. Is there anyway of getting the
    > English
    > enabled on my Danish Windows. Any suggestions are welcome.

    Sorry, no. Windows is made in language-specific versions. If you
    want an English version, you have to buy one.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    gr3 wrote:
    > I have resently bought a new PC with a Danish version of Windows
    > installed. I woudl like the display language be in English. I never
    > had this problem before with American versions of Windows. My wifes
    > profile is always in Danish and Mine is in English. Is there anyway
    > of getting the English enabled on my Danish Windows. Any suggestions
    > are welcome.

    I don't know what you think you've been running, but it isn't Windows -
    there is no such thing as a multi-language version. Windows has been
    language-specific for as long as I can remember. As with any other version,
    if you want XP in English you will need to purchase the full version of the
    flavour of your choice and either dual boot or clean install (I assume the
    former as you wish to keep the Danish version).
    on salads.

    On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:17:08 -0800, gr3 wrote:

    > I have resently bought a new PC with a Danish version of Windows installed.
    > I woudl like the display language be in English. I never had this problem
    > before with American versions of Windows. My wifes profile is always in
    > Danish and Mine is in English. Is there anyway of getting the English
    > enabled on my Danish Windows. Any suggestions are welcome.

    Check the settings in Regional and Language Options. You can use options in
    this control panel applet to display English in some areas of Windows but
    not all areas.

    If you want Windows to be entirely in English, you need an English version.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    You are wrong as always

    Google MUI and stop trying to be smart.. you are stupid and it shows

    Kenny S wrote:
    > You are wrong as always
    >
    > Google MUI and stop trying to be smart.. you are stupid and it shows

    For the perfect definition of stupid suggest you avail yourself of the
    nearest mirror - you are needlessly confusing the OP - the MUI is only
    available to Open and Volume licence customers, *NOT* home users.

    Check your facts before calling someone stupid, dickwad.

    on salads.

    The Multilingual User Interface (MUI) is not a multi language version.
    You still need the basic Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP Pro
    in English.
    From there you can add the MUI to effectively change the language.

    Kenny;
    The MUI is available to Volume License customers as well as MSDN
    subscribers, but very few others:
    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > You are wrong as always
    >
    > Google MUI and stop trying to be smart.. you are stupid and it shows

    I know all this....

    > The Multilingual User Interface (MUI) is not a multi language version.
    > You still need the basic Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP
    > Pro in English.
    > From there you can add the MUI to effectively change the language.
    >
    > Kenny;
    > The MUI is available to Volume License customers as well as MSDN
    > subscribers, but very few others:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >

    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> You are wrong as always
    >>
    >> Google MUI and stop trying to be smart.. you are stupid and it shows

    Perhaps, but others reading this thread may not.