Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel_61

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Hello experts!

Please, educate me on this. I have a HP notebook with an AMD Radeon 6470M video card in it. I thought that the 1MB of memory and a 800MHZ transfer rate would be enough to see continuously Utube clips. That is not the case. Two minutes later it stops to download more film and then every 10 seconds.
Can any one please explain why it happens and how to fix it?

Thanking you in advance

Ariel

Solution
G

that is kilobits

SO 670 kilobit/1024 (a megabyte) is a download rate of 0.625 megs a second and will lag while watching high definition content. and even some standard definition content if the network is congested; your ISP. its fine for most browsing but some stuff on youtube will lag.

carlosb

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011

You mean 1gb memory, right? Anyways, it shouldn't have a problem playing youtube videos. Are you sure it's not your internet being slow? Also YouTube tends to slow down nowadays for no apparent reason. Another explanation that is very unlikely is that maybe your DRAM (regular ram as you probably know it) is malfunctioning.

Ariel_61

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012

I have 670Kbps on downloads and 760Kbps on uploads. Reckon it is more than enough. Am I right?

Ariel_61

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012

Carlos, have a total graphics memory of 2791MB wich are divided as follows: 1024MB dedicated graphics mem, and 1767MB of shared graphics mem. Though system performance test with Win 7 shows that the dedicated mem is performing at 5.2??? which is a value given in a scale of 1.0 to 7.9. I do not know what that means however.

G

that is kilobits

SO 670 kilobit/1024 (a megabyte) is a download rate of 0.625 megs a second and will lag while watching high definition content. and even some standard definition content if the network is congested; your ISP. its fine for most browsing but some stuff on youtube will lag.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.