Last response: in Components
October 20, 2012 12:53:09 AM

Specs
CPU: Intel Core i5-3330 Ivy Bridge
Mobo: Asus p8b75-v LGA1155
Memory: Kingston KVR1333d3n9k2 (2x4gb)
Graphics card: HIS I Cooler H75FS2G Radeon HD7750
PSU: Rosewill RG630-s12 630watt

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Please note, this is not needed for gaming but is needed for 3D composition and HD video editing.

More about : time build

October 20, 2012 12:58:17 AM

I just need to know if this spec will work and if everythng is compatible or not.
October 20, 2012 1:13:29 AM

one problem. you would need the updated BIOS because the i5 3330 isn't compatible with the default BIOS, which is version 212. you would need to update the BIOS to version 503 for that CPU and the rest of the fresh batch of ivy bridge CPUs for it to work. i would just get the 3450. it is 5$ more on newegg, and has a max clock speed of 3.5GHz, 300MHz more than the 3330, which is well worth 5$ anyway. get the i5 3450 instead.

ASUS might have updated the board with the new BIOS then started selling it again, they have done it in the past. but get the 3450 anyway. the 3330 would be useless if ASUS didn't update the BIOS unless you got a friend to update the BIOS with a compatible CPU. plus, it's 5$ more for 300MHz. why wouldn't you want it? :lol: 

besides that, everything seems good besides the PSU. you would be fine with a 500W bronze PSU. i wouldn't go any higher than that unless you plan on CFX with the 7750. if you want, the money saved on getting a lower wattage PSU should be put towards getting a modular 500W PSU. modular PSUs are so much easier to work with. :) 

can i ask what case you are using with this build? i can recommend some good cases depending on your budget. :D 

Related resources
October 20, 2012 1:25:58 AM

Thank you very much for the response....the case i was going to use of course was a cheapie..LOL
I was thinking the Apvia Xplorer2 series X. My reasoming behind that of course was to use the money saved to get a better perfoming CPU, (excellent advice by the way). I think I will dish out the extra 5 bucks and save a lot of time and hassle. My budget was around 900 total. Which of wish would include the extra 225.00 I'll end u spending on a cheap monitor and Windows 7 home premium 64 bit software. But again, any advice you may want to add wil definitely be appreciated.
October 20, 2012 1:33:40 AM

marshal11 said:
one problem. you would need the updated BIOS because the i5 3330 isn't compatible with the default BIOS, which is version 212. you would need to update the BIOS to version 503 for that CPU and the rest of the fresh batch of ivy bridge CPUs for it to work. i would just get the 3450. it is 5$ more on newegg, and has a max clock speed of 3.5GHz, 300MHz more than the 3330, which is well worth 5$ anyway. get the i5 3450 instead.

ASUS might have updated the board with the new BIOS then started selling it again, they have done it in the past. but get the 3450 anyway. the 3330 would be useless if ASUS didn't update the BIOS unless you got a friend to update the BIOS with a compatible CPU. plus, it's 5$ more for 300MHz. why wouldn't you want it? :lol: 

besides that, everything seems good besides the PSU. you would be fine with a 500W bronze PSU. i wouldn't go any higher than that unless you plan on CFX with the 7750. if you want, the money saved on getting a lower wattage PSU should be put towards getting a modular 500W PSU. modular PSUs are so much easier to work with. :) 

can i ask what case you are using with this build? i can recommend some good cases depending on your budget. :D 

Thank you very much for the response....the case i was going to use of course was a cheapie..LOL
I was thinking the Apvia Xplorer2 series X. My reasoming behind that of course was to use the money saved to get a better perfoming CPU, (excellent advice by the way). I think I will dish out the extra 5 bucks and save a lot of time and hassle. My budget was around 900 total. Which of wish would include the extra 225.00 I'll end u spending on a cheap monitor and Windows 7 home premium 64 bit software. But again, any advice you may want to add wil definitely be appreciated.
!