OS question

I'm preparing to build a faster machine for BF42/DC.
Which OS would be the better choice, 98SE or XP?
--
jimigun

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:01:46 GMT, "jimigun" <nospam@xx.ff.ll> wrote:

>I'm preparing to build a faster machine for BF42/DC.
>Which OS would be the better choice, 98SE or XP?

XP, no question.
--
Andrew, AKA DeadDred

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:23:50 +0000,
<DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:01:46 GMT, "jimigun" <nospam@xx.ff.ll> wrote:
>
>> I'm preparing to build a faster machine for BF42/DC.
>> Which OS would be the better choice, 98SE or XP?
>
> XP, no question.

Jepp, 98SE has limited DirectX suport. XP is the best choice.

Welcome back DeadDread.

--
Flashhart

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:23:50 +0000,
DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com wrote:

>XP, no question.

Well here's a blast from the past! Good to see you round these parts
again.
--
[AGB]Captain Scarlet
Stockholm, Sweden

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:07:13 +0100, Captain Scarlet
<andy.nocrap.cunningham@home.se> wrote:

>Well here's a blast from the past! Good to see you round these parts
>again.

Cheers, BF2 on the radar has got me sneaking back for a look, its a
bit quieter than when I left!
--
Andrew, AKA DeadDred

DeadDred wrote
>Cheers, BF2 on the radar has got me sneaking back for a look, its a
>bit quieter than when I left!

Eh up!

No kidding, its been quieter than a big bag of quiet things here
recently. One day last week I got home from work to find no, nil, zero
new messages during the course of that day, thought my ISP's newsserver
was stuffed at first...

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

<DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com> wrote in message

>>I'm preparing to build a faster machine for BF42/DC.
>>Which OS would be the better choice, 98SE or XP?
>
> XP, no question.
> --
> Andrew, AKA DeadDred
> please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevant text.
> Check groups.google.com before asking a question.

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:01:46 GMT, "jimigun" <nospam@xx.ff.ll> wrote:
XP It'll be then. Thanks!
--
jimigun

> Andrew, AKA DeadDred
> please don't top post. Tri...

Nice to see you back. Hopefully not too long until we get a demo.

Lorian