How can they do this to me???

They send me a whopping bill and I call them to ask about the charges. They
say don't worry, we will investigate because right now we don't know. We
will call you.

No call. Service cancellation.

Is this right?

"Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
> They send me a whopping bill and I call them to ask about the charges.
> They say don't worry, we will investigate because right now we don't know.
> We will call you.
>
> No call. Service cancellation.
>
> Is this right?

Depends, how long did you wait for the call and did you note the name and
CSR# of the rep that told you this?

"PC Medic" <not@home.com> wrote in message

> "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
>> They send me a whopping bill and I call them to ask about the charges.
>> They say don't worry, we will investigate because right now we don't
>> know. We will call you.
>>
>> No call. Service cancellation.
>>
>> Is this right?
>>

> Depends, how long did you wait for the call and did you note the name and
> CSR# of the rep that told you this?

I waited 10 days. Also, I did not note the name and do not know what a CSR#
is and was never offered one. You can bet I will ask for both next time.
When you talk to them, they only really offer first names anyway. I did ask
for a work order number or investigation number or a "trouble" number, but
they all told me there was no such thing, to just expect a call from a
manager.

In <u2rqf1tpu5aan6d0d9lomahabea9tm2ndk@4ax.com> on Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:45:54
-0400, Larry C. Garrett <noal.fisher@markmonitor.com> wrote:

>Jimmy this is standard operating procedure at Cingular Wireless.
>Customers are treated like dirt. If you are a Cingular customer, you
>are THE ENEMY. Complain, and you get dropped. Just like that.
>
>But they will collect every last penny remaining on your bill - or
>else trash your credit rating.
>
>Angry? Don't share your anger at the store - they have cameras trained
>on every customer. Remember, Cingular considers you the customer as
>"THE ENEMY".

Let me guess... Didn't pay attention to your usage of minutes and got a big
bill? Didn't pay that big bill? And now you're angry that Cingular didn't
let you get away with that? ;)

>On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:45:54 -0400, Larry C. Garrett <noal.fisher@markmonitor.com> wrote:

>Jimmy this is standard operating procedure at Cingular Wireless.

Source??

>Customers are treated like dirt. If you are a Cingular customer, you
>are THE ENEMY. Complain, and you get dropped. Just like that.

I never had a problem, from the woman who sold me the phone to the
tech people. I actually found cingular to be nicer than other techs...

>But they will collect every last penny remaining on your bill - or
>else trash your credit rating.

"Remaining on your bill". Well, that says it all. They are a business,
they make money by collecting YOUR debts. Why are you so special that
you don't have to pay "every last penny" which is owed to them?
Credit ratings - they don't 'trash' it, they just deduct points for
OUTSTANDING bills. This is used to make future business propositions
aware that you don't like paying your bills.

>Angry? Don't share your anger at the store - they have cameras trained
>on every customer.

Most stores have cameras nowadays, why shouldn't they be allowed to?
After all, they own the store.

>Remember, Cingular considers you the customer as
>"THE ENEMY".

Paranoid? Source? Enemy is a strong word. If you were actually
considered an "enemy", they wouldn't have sold you a phone/contract,
now would they?

TRENDING THREADS