Systray Icons questions

I just re-installed XP Pro & I'm not able to hide my systray icons that are
inactive or that I want to hide always. When I go into the "Taskbar and
Start Menu Properties" I check the box for "Hide inactive icons" & click
Apply then click OK. The icons wont hide. The << icon doesn't even appear
left of the icons. Is their another setting I need to change? Thanks

Jeff
1 answer Last reply
More about systray icons questions

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm

    Scroll down to >> Notification Area Chevron is missing:

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:04683490-7BCF-40CB-B7B6-22B49046497B@microsoft.com,
    Jeff C <JeffC@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I just re-installed XP Pro & I'm not able to hide my systray icons
    > that are inactive or that I want to hide always. When I go into the
    > "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" I check the box for "Hide
    > inactive icons" & click Apply then click OK. The icons wont hide.
    > The << icon doesn't even appear left of the icons. Is their another
    > setting I need to change? Thanks
    >
    > Jeff

Configuration Microsoft Customization Icons Windows XP