Update to computer not POSTing, ran into another problem...

tjyacko

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
OK, so I got my computer to boot by taking out one stick of RAM.

I went into the UEFI and set the RAM to 1600 instead of 1333.

The specs for the RAM were already set to what it should be (9-9-9-24-1)

This was all done with just one stick of RAM and my CPU plugged in.

I have gotten the computer to start up with two sticks of RAM now, which is good.

So here is the new problem.

When I introduce my GPU to the motherboard, I get the same problem as before. Everything kicks on, but the computer doesn't boot.

I've tried attaching the GPU to the mobo, while keeping the monitor plugged into the VGA to my motherboard, but got the same result.

Could anyone give me some insight as to what may be going on here? Thanks for taking the time to read this, you guys helped me out alot on my last post!

There are a number of possibilities here, faulty graphics card, faulty power supply, faulty motherboard. Are you sure the computer is not booting? or is it that you can't see the computer booting where as in fact it is? You can judge if it is still booting even though nothing appears on the screen by looking at the hard drive LED.
On most modern motherboards when you plug in the graphics card it will disable the internal graphics, so connecting to the motherboard VGA connector is a waste of time when the graphics card is fitted. Saying that check the BIOS to see if there is a setting for this.