Sign in with
Your question

Cannot install LAN

Last response: in Networking
June 24, 2011 7:34:34 PM

Hello,
Just replaced mobo, ABIT NF7-S2G. Fresh install XP pro. Installed nForce2 driver set. Windows keeps saying "new hardware found" and wants to go online for a driver. I've uninstalled several times, loaded the driver from the nForce CD, from a stick that I downloaded online, all no go. I also tried installing a Linksys wireless card and router, and it gives me a "internal error 302". Help please, before I break out the sledgehammer. thanks

More about : install lan

June 24, 2011 8:15:22 PM

I'll help with the going online for drivers part...

Start>Run>Gpedit.msc>Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Internet Communications Management>Internet Communication Settings>Turn off Windows Update device driver searching (enable)

Hope this helps

Edit: oh... one of them 10 pound jobs with a long handle works pretty good. [:tigsounds]

June 24, 2011 11:33:15 PM

Actually, I have the drivers already, I downloaded them with another pc. The problem is this computer cannot access the internet because there is a "?" after the ethernet controller item in device manager and it refuses to recognize either of the two versions of the nforce2 drivers that I have on hand. I also tried a PCI wireless adapter to no avail.
!