Halo:Combat Evolved

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Hi!

When i play halo multiplayer with 2 player split screen (Co-op mode),it
slows down a little when there are a lot of enemies on both the screens.Then,
when there are less enemies and activity,the xbox speed goes back to
normal.Is this happening as the xbox is like a normal pc? I just bought my
xbox 3 days ago and i need to replace it by tommorrow if there is any
problem.So please help me by takinga little of your precious time and helping
me.Also, when i turn off my xbox for overnight (We have switches for
electrical sockets here in Singapore),the next morning when i turn it on, it
asks me to enter date and time.Is there any problem with the console?Help
will be appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

I dont think there is any power problem as other games work amazingly well on
the machine.So do you think this problem is because of so many aliens and
shooting going on both the split screens.

"Winbox" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> When i play halo multiplayer with 2 player split screen (Co-op mode),it
> slows down a little when there are a lot of enemies on both the screens.Then,
> when there are less enemies and activity,the xbox speed goes back to
> normal.Is this happening as the xbox is like a normal pc? I just bought my
> xbox 3 days ago and i need to replace it by tommorrow if there is any
> problem.So please help me by takinga little of your precious time and helping
> me.Also, when i turn off my xbox for overnight (We have switches for
> electrical sockets here in Singapore),the next morning when i turn it on, it
> asks me to enter date and time.Is there any problem with the console?Help
> will be appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

maybe there is something wrong with the powersupply, causing the video card
voltage to fluctuate and cause the issue you are talking about. also the
xbox asks for date and time when power is cut for a period.... also makes me
think that there may be something up with power supply.
xbox's aren't known for having real good DVD players, and if the game you
are playing has scratches on it this could also be causing the game to
behave like this.

Winbox wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When i play halo multiplayer with 2 player split screen (Co-op mode),it
> slows down a little when there are a lot of enemies on both the screens.Then,
> when there are less enemies and activity,the xbox speed goes back to
> normal.Is this happening as the xbox is like a normal pc? I just bought my
> xbox 3 days ago and i need to replace it by tommorrow if there is any
> problem.So please help me by takinga little of your precious time and helping
> me.Also, when i turn off my xbox for overnight (We have switches for
> electrical sockets here in Singapore),the next morning when i turn it on, it
> asks me to enter date and time.Is there any problem with the console?Help
> will be appreciated.

You are most likely experiencing video lag, like you might with a pc.
When you have so much being rendered on the screen, that it can't draw
it as fast as normal, due to processing load. As for the date and time
resetting, it's because you are completely shutting power off to it. It
would be the same as unplugging it each night. If you were to not turn
off the power outlet, there is a slow trickle of electricity that
continues to flow into the xbox, maintaining it's time and date, similar
to the cmos battery on a pc. If you unplug your pc for a while, and the
cmos battery dies, then your pc essentially resets to default settings,
which is what the xbox is doing.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

jus send it bck n buy another 1. so if der is a problem den it wont matta
cos ull hav a new 1