Can you do better? Gamingish PC

hafronix

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
My buddy is getting a new computer and has a budget of approximately 900$. He's not big on tech and so he said since it was his first serious computer he was saying he would just buy a prebuilt and then upgrade and possibly build his own sometime in the future when he needed to. I built my own PC and know that usually doing it yourself is a lot better therefore I told him I'd look into what I could build with the same budget and whether it would be better or not. He's looking at this computer...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=602037&Sku=G180-13104

It needs to be equal and cheaper or the same price and better. He does need the mouse, keyboard, OS. I've been looking into somethings and I'm trying to build one that's better, but in the mean time I wanted to see what you guys here on Tom's could do if you had that money and were to build a computer with it.

Stick to Intel Processors and Nvidia Graphics. If you find a really good AMD Graphics card that you think is better than the Nvidia equivalent or whatever that's fine as well.

He plans on using it for typical computer stuff like browsing and word and etc.. and some gaming nothing crazy like Crysis on ultra settings but he wants no issues running Diablo 3 on the highest settings. Hell if it can run Crysis on ultra why not haha

Thanks a lot guys!
Hafronix