Rosewill Blackhawk Mid Tower vs IN WIN GRone Full Tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The advantages I am thinking of are not specific to the InWin case but just full tower vs mid tower (front panel options not included). These are generalizations and should not be taken as being all inclusive - there are always exceptions it seems...
Ease of access/working area - far easier to work in
More airflow/cooling options and larger fan accomodations
More bays (I/O, HDD & 5.25") = more expandability
More value retention
Disadvantages include...
possible need to buy power cable extensions (PSU dependant)
Large
Heavy

Although I try not to let asthetics put too much influence on choices, I personally think the InWin looks a whole lot nicer also.

Poltregeist

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012

It should just barely fit in the space :p But regardless of the size, what advantages does the IN WIN have?

The advantages I am thinking of are not specific to the InWin case but just full tower vs mid tower (front panel options not included). These are generalizations and should not be taken as being all inclusive - there are always exceptions it seems...
Ease of access/working area - far easier to work in
More airflow/cooling options and larger fan accomodations
More bays (I/O, HDD & 5.25") = more expandability
More value retention
Disadvantages include...
possible need to buy power cable extensions (PSU dependant)
Large
Heavy

Although I try not to let asthetics put too much influence on choices, I personally think the InWin looks a whole lot nicer also.

Solution

Poltregeist

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012

I agree with you on the aesthetics part of it, and if I have to buy a PSU cable extension, so be it. I like the larger space, it really doesn't hinder any expansions or upgrades you want to do. The i5 I am getting is going to last me for years, and so will the motherboard (in terms of being future-proof). The only thing I may have to update a year or two into the future is the XFX 7870 I am getting for a GPU. All the reviews say it is a decent card, but I believe it will be outdated fast. Unfortunately, this is the most expensive card that can fit my budget, so maybe in the future a 7970 will have decreased in price to the $300 range, then I will be set :)

Status
Not open for further replies.