Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[new build] Gaming/Media, ~$800

Last response: in Systems
June 18, 2012 4:01:01 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Within 3 months 

Budget Range: $800, before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Video encoding, graphical work

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon

Parts Preferences: Wishlist Link

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe down the road. Initially, no.

Monitor Resolution: 1680 * 1050, for now. Almost certainly looking to upgrade in the next 12 months.

Additional Comments: Quiet and running cool are of paramount importance. I have no plan to overclock, but I live in Texas and overheating has been a problem from time to time.

More about : build gaming media 800

a b 4 Gaming
June 18, 2012 9:38:59 AM

Seems really Solid to Me, Nice choice on the Gpu and Cpu. Good HD, Nice Ram but you Need the 1600mhz not the 1333mhz, Excellent Cpu Cooler. Good Case good psu, seems like you are good to go, Try to add other 2 120mm Fans and overheating problem solved.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 18, 2012 1:54:01 PM

Are you interested in getting parts from newegg, if yes then i would like to suggest a build around $800 with Radeon 7850 as GPU.
m
l
Related resources
June 18, 2012 2:33:03 PM

Since you won't be overclocking, I suggest you ditch the CPU cooler, stock cooler is fine. If you can, I suggest finding a lower priced case considering your budget. Depending on how much you save, you can opt for a 6870 or a gtx 560 ti instead. If you plan on getting a gtx 560 ti, I suggest pushing your budget for a 7850, you get a lot of performance for a little extra and will run great at that resolution and your future resolution especially if you plan to crossfire.
m
l
June 18, 2012 7:58:07 PM

Newegg vs. Amazon didn't make a lot of difference pricewise, except I have Amazon Prime so all of my parts should arrive at the same time, and quickly.

The case I chose is more expensive, but everything I read said it is incredibly quiet (19db) and easy to work with. I like to keep my cases clean and organize as best I can. I went with a different cpu cooler because the stock cooler that comes with that processor is reported to be very loud.

There was method to my madness in picking these parts, but I really do appreciate all the feedback.
m
l
June 18, 2012 8:06:34 PM

How bout this for the memory?
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
June 19, 2012 4:52:48 AM

Well have a look at this build from newegg with a better GPU,well within your budget:

CPU & Optical Drive: $224- i5-2500K & Samsung(Incase you decide to overclock in future, at present leave it as it is. Also since you won't be overclocking. The stock HSF should do just fine.)

PSU & RAM: $100- Corsair CX500 & Corsair Vengeance 8GB(500 watt PSU is more than enough unless you plan to add another GPU)

Motherboard & HDD: $175- Biostar TZ77B & Seagate Barracuda 1TB

GPU: $250- Sapphire Radeon 7850(Great card for it's price . It will game well at higher resolution)

Case: $40- NZXT Source 210(or whatever you like)

Total(Excluding Rebates): 789 USD

Rebates, Promos: ~$15
July 5, 2012 4:04:13 PM

Best answer selected by cheapdad.
m
l
!