If I got DOA can I return for free at Newegg

shell shocke

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
So, I'm very worried if I got a DOA. I remember seeing in a post a Newegg Representative (not sure how spelled), said in another thread, that if you called customer service they'd help you out on that. I'm not sure about they whole restocking fee, that is such a pain!, but I'm pretty sure the shipping they mentioned they'd send you a postage stamp or something like that ... could anyone shed some light on this? Because if I get a DOA and have to send something back and turns out it's not that then I'm spending a lot more money then what I originally planned to. Are Amazons policies the same, the 15% stocking fee and shipping? Thanks.

shell shocke

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Since I have your attention I have one more question, the prices of Radeon 6870 (sapphire0 and shipping. First off, When I just went to check on my cart I saw that the price was around $160 I went and put something else in the cart (a new case) and it must've updated itself or something and boom it increased to $179.99. That's not the problem, it's shipping! I take something out of my cart and back in and the darn thing rises! I mean it used to be at $19, I literally took something out and BOOM it rose to $24! I'm not trying to sound like a cheap ass but that money was supposed to go towards my RAM (8GB instead of 4GB) I had to downgrade now to 4GB since the shipping is higher then previous where it was at $19.

One more question PLEASE ANSWER --

Is ShopRunner Real? Or is it like free 30-day membership but afterwards pay for the next month so forth?...Thanks.

shell shocke

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

Wait so if they find it's defective you still pay the restocking fee? Or you don't? ... And I guess, do they send you a postage stamp if you report that you need an RMA?

I have never paid shipping to return a defective item to Newegg, and purchase enough that it has happened often

smartwind

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2012

Maybe it was $179.99 before rebates and the $160 after rebates.

I don't know what ShopRunner is.

shell shocke

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
There was a rebate, but before my total (before I added a case) was $889 and now it's $918 or something like that and + shipping! :( Does anyone know what ShopRunner is and how it works? Thanks for everyone's help so far!