Cooler Master GX-Lite 600W 12v+ amps

According to it's spec label, 45A (45x12=540W).
Don't know (if it's a decent quality PSU), because it has not been reviewed anywhere. Considering that it is supposed to be lower end than the GX series (which was crap) I would tend to assume that it is not good quality.

D

Deleted member 217926

Any 600 watt or up power supply from Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ or Antec. Rosewill has some good models as well especially the Capstone series.

D

Deleted member 217926

It's Corsair's budget line but it's still a good unit. It would work fine.

Hi - anort listed all the usual quality PSU players. They all have 3-5 levels in their lines.
If possible (meaning if your budget allows) try to go at least one level up from their entry
level line. example Corsair - try to get an enthusiast series unit as opposed to a
Builder series unit. Usually the better price/value items are not at the very bottom
or at the very top.

Tom

1mon2gol1

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Is OCuk same as OCZ

btw i am trying to stay around the 50-60 pound for the psu, i'm on a budget build but want to have the ability to maybe upgrade in the future

what kind of wattage should i look for two hd 7850s?

No, OCUK and OCZ are not the same, OCUK is owned by Caseking.de and only sell stuff in the UK. Their PSUs are probably not worth bothering with.

AMD recommends a 600W with two 6pin PCIe connectors for a system with two 7850s. That number has to account for very power hungry systems and/or low quality units which cannot deliver what they claim.
So you can go lower than the '600W' number as long as it's high quality and it has a large proportion of the wattage number available on the +12V rail.

Having had a quick look at 7850 system power consumption I believe that a 450W PSU with two 6pin PCIe connectors would be more than enough for a system with two 7850s.

The Corsair CX600 (V3) hopefully is an improvement on the V2, if it is then it is a good enough unit. I don't know much about it yet though.

However for a similar price I think this is hard to overlook, considering that it is, AFAIK, comparable to the Corsair TXM series:
OCZ ZT Series 550W (£50 @ CCL Online)
http://skinflint.co.uk/692688
Independent voltage regulation and modular being it's major benefits.