How would I go about completely restarting my PC?

Expendable_Youth

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Think I messed up a bit when putting new GPU in. When uninstalling Nvidia drivers in the control panel before I put in new card <was like 7 different Nvidia things> I got to about the 4th one and it forced me to restart and screen changed resolution so I just kept it shut down and put in new GPU. Not a good idea I guess. Been having problems with it detecting my TVs speakers <one of the drivers I uninstalled after new GPU was in was the Nvidia HD sound> and a skip in any video player file, happens every 2 minutes to 10 minutes, just cuts out for one second and comes right back <not in any games though>. From what I have read, this sounds like a driver problem. I'm ready to just restart the PC from scratch, if possible. I don't think I can just use a system restore since it will bring back all the drivers and stuff the original Nvidia card used right? I'm so willing to reinstall Diablo 3 and LoL and go thru the days of Windows updates again to fix this. Getting tired of it popping up and saying no audio when its hooked up thru the HDMI in the new card, directly to the TV, then skipping when I set it up. I have the windows disk that came with the PC.

Win7 64 Home Premium
Went from Nvidia Geforce 520 -> Sapphire Radeon HD7850

On an unrelated note, is there any way I can make it so my wireless internet doesn't scan every 60 seconds for a better connection? It causes bad things to happen in online games, it is only ever connected to my one network. Tried the WLAN Auto Config thing but that just makes it so I have no wireless connectivity at all, even using WeFi or the RaLink software that came with my adapter.

Just unplug the power supply and remove the motherboard battery for one minute. After you reinstall the battery, you'll probably notice the loud fan noise when you power up. Leave the video setting at the default level. In the bios, set the boot order, smartfan setting (if applicable) then save and exit. Can't help with your wireless lan; you'll need to check the software settings and change something.