Control Panel

February 10, 2005 10:15:32 PM

Is there a way to "Pin To Start" Control Panel. Thanks.

More about : control panel

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 6:04:49 PM

Right Click taskbar
Click Properties
Click Start Menu
Click Customise
Click Advanced
Under Start Menu Items,
Click one of the first 2 dots under Control Panel
Display as a link
Display as menu
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 6:04:50 PM

Thanks 4 reply, but not what trying to do. Have several programs use
frequently like Disk Cleanup, Disk Defragmenter, Windows Explorer, etc
Pinned to Start - doing so by right clicking on where they are in All
Programs and
choosing "Pin To Start" from drop down menu and they're then listed just
above
Start Button.

This is what I was wondering if could do with Control Panel and not just
indicating whether to Display As Link or Display As Menu. Any other ideas
appreciated.

"Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Right Click taskbar
> Click Properties
> Click Start Menu
> Click Customise
> Click Advanced
> Under Start Menu Items,
> Click one of the first 2 dots under Control Panel
> Display as a link
> Display as menu
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
>

> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
> http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

February 12, 2005 1:33:11 PM

I see, I misunderstood.

I have often thought that it would be good to pin some programs in this
place on the Start Menu. But I find that only some programs have the option
"Pin to Start Menu" available.

Perhaps some persons more knowledgeable in XP than I can supply the answer.
It could well be a Registry tweak
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:23:30 AM

Tx again 4 reply. A search of various XP sites and MS Knowledge Base came
up nil. As no responses from the MVP's, guess they don't even know if such
a registry tweak exist as you suggest.. Did add to My Computer as another
accessible link besides the Display as Link or Menu.

>I see, I misunderstood.
>
> I have often thought that it would be good to pin some programs in this
> place on the Start Menu. But I find that only some programs have the
> option "Pin to Start Menu" available.
>
> Perhaps some persons more knowledgeable in XP than I can supply the
> answer. It could well be a Registry tweak
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
>

> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
> http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 9:53:10 PM

If dragging and dropping is enabled for the start menu, you should be able to open a 'my computer' window, click on control panel and drag it to the start button. When you hover over the start button, the start menu will appear and allow you to drop in the pin list. This also works for folders.

Keith

!