Control Panel

Is there a way to "Pin To Start" Control Panel. Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about control panel

    Right Click taskbar
    Click Properties
    Click Start Menu
    Click Customise
    Click Advanced
    Under Start Menu Items,
    Click one of the first 2 dots under Control Panel
    Display as a link
    Display as menu
    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    Thanks 4 reply, but not what trying to do. Have several programs use
    frequently like Disk Cleanup, Disk Defragmenter, Windows Explorer, etc
    Pinned to Start - doing so by right clicking on where they are in All
    Programs and
    choosing "Pin To Start" from drop down menu and they're then listed just
    above
    Start Button.

    This is what I was wondering if could do with Control Panel and not just
    indicating whether to Display As Link or Display As Menu. Any other ideas
    appreciated.

    "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    > Right Click taskbar
    > Click Properties
    > Click Start Menu
    > Click Customise
    > Click Advanced
    > Under Start Menu Items,
    > Click one of the first 2 dots under Control Panel
    > Display as a link
    > Display as menu
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L.
    >

    > I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
    > http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    I see, I misunderstood.

    I have often thought that it would be good to pin some programs in this
    place on the Start Menu. But I find that only some programs have the option
    "Pin to Start Menu" available.

    Perhaps some persons more knowledgeable in XP than I can supply the answer.
    It could well be a Registry tweak
    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    Tx again 4 reply. A search of various XP sites and MS Knowledge Base came
    up nil. As no responses from the MVP's, guess they don't even know if such
    a registry tweak exist as you suggest.. Did add to My Computer as another
    accessible link besides the Display as Link or Menu.

    >I see, I misunderstood.
    >
    > I have often thought that it would be good to pin some programs in this
    > place on the Start Menu. But I find that only some programs have the
    > option "Pin to Start Menu" available.
    >
    > Perhaps some persons more knowledgeable in XP than I can supply the
    > answer. It could well be a Registry tweak
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L.
    >

    > I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
    > http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    If dragging and dropping is enabled for the start menu, you should be able to open a 'my computer' window, click on control panel and drag it to the start button. When you hover over the start button, the start menu will appear and allow you to drop in the pin list. This also works for folders.

    Keith

    "Fizzikal" <fizzelled@workout.spa> wrote in message news:RQUPd.826$dZ.64357@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > Tx again 4 reply. A search of various XP sites and MS Knowledge Base came
    > up nil. As no responses from the MVP's, guess they don't even know if such
    > a registry tweak exist as you suggest.. Did add to My Computer as another
    > accessible link besides the Display as Link or Menu.
    >
    > "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    > >I see, I misunderstood.
    > >
    > > I have often thought that it would be good to pin some programs in this
    > > place on the Start Menu. But I find that only some programs have the
    > > option "Pin to Start Menu" available.
    > >
    > > Perhaps some persons more knowledgeable in XP than I can supply the
    > > answer. It could well be a Registry tweak
    > > --
    > > Cheers,
    > > Trevor L.
    > >

    > > I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
    > > http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Configuration Control Panel Microsoft Customization Windows XP