Nokia 8210 query

I have recently aquired a Nokia 8210 from another family member, the
phone was already unlocked to all metworks so I just put my
Pay-As-You-Go sim in.

The thing is in the top left hand side of the screen it says "FAX"

What does this mean? Is there any way I can remove it?

I don't have the manual which is why I thought i'd post my query on
here.
1 answer Last reply
More about nokia 8210 query

    "Nicola Smith" <nicolasmith12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | I have recently aquired a Nokia 8210 from another family member, the
    | phone was already unlocked to all metworks so I just put my
    | Pay-As-You-Go sim in.
    |
    | The thing is in the top left hand side of the screen it says "FAX"
    |
    | What does this mean? Is there any way I can remove it?
    |
    | I don't have the manual which is why I thought i'd post my query on
    | here.

    Use a different SIM in ur phone, turn ur phone on for about 20 secs. with
    the other SIM in it, then turn it off, replace the other SIM with ur regular
    SIM. It's something to do with nokia bugs and high-level characters in a
    SMS.

Nokia