Kodak LS753

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 28, 2005 7:45:13 AM

My wife is asking that I purchase her one of the smaller Kodak Easyshare
cameras and printer docks for her limited use, point & shoot, smaller size.
I really like the v550 and v530, but with getting the printer, it is a bit
above our budget. I found the LS753 5mp at Sams Club for $228 and it seems
to be a good deal. Most of the review I read are good. Both cameras are
5mp with relatively the same small optical zoom. What are the opinions of
the LS753 here and are the new v5xx series that much better to justify the
much higher cost? The camera is for causal and occasional use, kids, trips,
parties, etc. She is intent on the Kodak. Thanks.

More about : kodak ls753

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 7:45:14 AM

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:45:13 GMT, Ron P wrote:

> My wife is asking that I purchase her one of the smaller Kodak Easyshare
> cameras and printer docks for her limited use, point & shoot, smaller size.
> I really like the v550 and v530, but with getting the printer, it is a bit
> above our budget. I found the LS753 5mp at Sams Club for $228 and it seems
> to be a good deal. Most of the review I read are good. Both cameras are
> 5mp with relatively the same small optical zoom. What are the opinions of
> the LS753 here and are the new v5xx series that much better to justify the
> much higher cost? The camera is for causal and occasional use, kids, trips,
> parties, etc. She is intent on the Kodak. Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the other cameras, but from the test
pictures it produced (seen at Steves Digicams website) it's a quite
decent performer and is almost certain to be able to produce good
pictures much larger than any your wife will have an interest in
printing. I might have gotten one myself several months ago when I
was looking for a small pocketable camera but it didn't have the
manual controls I prefer. That's probably a point in its favor for
your wife. Does the $228 price include a dock? If so, it's a very
good price. This week J&R is advertising an LS753 bundle for
$249.99 that includes the Easyshare Dock 6000.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 7:45:14 AM

Ron P wrote:
> My wife is asking that I purchase her one of the smaller Kodak Easyshare
> cameras and printer docks for her limited use, point & shoot, smaller size.
> I really like the v550 and v530, but with getting the printer, it is a bit
> above our budget. I found the LS753 5mp at Sams Club for $228 and it seems
> to be a good deal. Most of the review I read are good. Both cameras are
> 5mp with relatively the same small optical zoom. What are the opinions of
> the LS753 here and are the new v5xx series that much better to justify the
> much higher cost? The camera is for causal and occasional use, kids, trips,
> parties, etc. She is intent on the Kodak. Thanks.

I believe the LS753 would be good for the intended purpose.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
July 28, 2005 3:57:42 PM

Ron Hunter wrote:
> Ron P wrote:
> > My wife is asking that I purchase her one of the smaller Kodak Easyshare
> > cameras and printer docks for her limited use, point & shoot, smaller size.
> > I really like the v550 and v530, but with getting the printer, it is a bit
> > above our budget. I found the LS753 5mp at Sams Club for $228 and it seems
> > to be a good deal. Most of the review I read are good. Both cameras are
> > 5mp with relatively the same small optical zoom. What are the opinions of
> > the LS753 here and are the new v5xx series that much better to justify the
> > much higher cost? The camera is for causal and occasional use, kids, trips,
> > parties, etc. She is intent on the Kodak. Thanks.
> >

> I believe the LS753 would be good for the intended purpose.
>

> --
> Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

If you are not after that large of a megapixal camera, I have seen some
of the less expensive Canon Cameras with printers on the closeout
tables at some of the Office Max stores around here in Utah. Depending
on the Camera and printer and Camera model, they are going for between
$130 and $150 U.S.

These are last year's models, and have 3.2 megapixals files. Not the
best thing going, but not the worst either. Some are the Canon 2000
photo printer, some the Canon 3000 photo printer. One had an A-3
camera, and one a little nicer Canon POS digital camera.

So you might want to look at things like close out tables at Office
Max, and Office Depot, Staples, and the like in your area and see if
there is anything worthwhile there.

roland
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 8:06:05 PM

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:45:13 +0000, Ron P wrote:

> My wife is asking that I purchase her one of the smaller Kodak Easyshare
> cameras and printer docks for her limited use, point & shoot, smaller size.
> I really like the v550 and v530, but with getting the printer, it is a bit
> above our budget. I found the LS753 5mp at Sams Club for $228 and it seems
> to be a good deal. Most of the review I read are good. Both cameras are
> 5mp with relatively the same small optical zoom. What are the opinions of
> the LS753 here and are the new v5xx series that much better to justify the
> much higher cost? The camera is for causal and occasional use, kids, trips,
> parties, etc. She is intent on the Kodak. Thanks.

I have the very similar LS743, and really the only thing that I find
annoying is the slow start-up time -- if the camera is off, it takes 6-7
seconds to turn on before you can take a picture. (especially after being
used to the instant-on of both my exilim and d70)

Would I like it better if it gave me more control over settings (aperture,
shutter speed, etc)? sure. but hey, thats what my dslr is for (and i
only paid $60 for the LS743 during a 50% off all clearance priced
merchandise sale at Meijer)

The LS743 takes a nice looking picture, can focus down to about 2 inches
(in close-up mode), and is small enough to stick into the pocket of my
jeans.

Kodak makes a nice camera for people who aren't really into photography.
Gave one to my mom.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 6:19:58 AM

"ASAAR" <caught@22.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:45:13 GMT, Ron P wrote:
>
>> My wife is asking that I purchase her one of the smaller Kodak Easyshare
>> cameras and printer docks for her limited use, point & shoot, smaller
>> size.
>> I really like the v550 and v530, but with getting the printer, it is a
>> bit
>> above our budget. I found the LS753 5mp at Sams Club for $228 and it
>> seems
>> to be a good deal. Most of the review I read are good. Both cameras are
>> 5mp with relatively the same small optical zoom. What are the opinions
>> of
>> the LS753 here and are the new v5xx series that much better to justify
>> the
>> much higher cost? The camera is for causal and occasional use, kids,
>> trips,
>> parties, etc. She is intent on the Kodak. Thanks.
>
> I'm not familiar with the other cameras, but from the test
> pictures it produced (seen at Steves Digicams website) it's a quite
> decent performer and is almost certain to be able to produce good
> pictures much larger than any your wife will have an interest in
> printing. I might have gotten one myself several months ago when I
> was looking for a small pocketable camera but it didn't have the
> manual controls I prefer. That's probably a point in its favor for
> your wife. Does the $228 price include a dock? If so, it's a very
> good price. This week J&R is advertising an LS753 bundle for
> $249.99 that includes the Easyshare Dock 6000.

Appreciate the positive comments. Purchased the 753 from Sams which
included the 6000 dock for $228. Best deal out there.
!