chrisht256

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
fairly depressed at the moment this thing is suppose to be super easy to get working and there is little to no information anywhere for troubleshooting problems. You guys usually answer fast and have the right answers so here it is... basically at first the cards drivers werent installing.. yeah don't ask they literally failed to install over and over again so i had to do few things and did a fresh install of all of it over again and now the device is showing as working properly in the device manager. The problem is no matter what configuration I use I cannot get an input to the monitor.... I get nothing to my monitor no matter what I do... my monitor is an older Acer one only supports 1600x900 DVI obviously. however it comes with a converter so it shouldn't be a problem yet I can't get anything to friggin show on my screen. I'm literally stressed out because this thing isn't very cheap and if I just bought this thing to find out my monitor doesn't work with it or something I'm going to be pissed since there is nothing out there to say it doesn't support this monitor.

Did you connect it like shown here?
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100100&name=Video-Devices-TV-Tuners

You must connect HDMI out from your GPU to the input, then your monitor via HDMI or HDMI-DVI adapter.

SOME monitors with DVI connectors are analog, and won't work with a digital signal. Would need a model number.

Also need to do firmware/software/driver updates. Seems like a lot of money for such a poorly reviewed product. Anyway Avermedia has support forums for all the people having issues. It makes far more sense to ask there with it being such a limited market and so buggy

chrisht256

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
well I'm using the Aver media live gamer hd. its installed properly and fully updated with firmware and drivers and its verified in windows as working. It shows up on xsplit and with the software that come with the card. My monitor is an older one its a Acer X203H not sure if its an analog DVI or HDCP w.e I just wanna know if the cards no good or I just need a new monitor. And the Avermedia support forums are god awful I've had a ticket in for over a week and my topic on forums has been ignored. you guys always seem to give good answers so I figured I'd try here.

kanaeta

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Hello to all - I'm having the Exact same issue :pfff:

a bit frustrated - just built this system and all is fine except for this card

Sapphire Radeon 7850 2 gb OC
Asus Sabertooth z77
Avermedia live gaming capture card
intel i7 3500 lan 1155 3.5ghz
2 tera HDD
12" uv cathode sound activated sound light 7.99.
Corsair dominator 16 gb Ram
NZXT 410 case
850w Power supply
logytec Illuminating gaming keyboard $80.00
Windows 7 64 bit

Current Monitor in use - Samsung sync master b2030 <-- just bought about a year ago

like OP I just wanna know if the cards no good or If I just need a new monitor

when I connect the cables correcty (( as per Avermedia instructions )) the screen keeps flickiering on and off. once stabalized the screen shrinks to half the size and looks like *** but I'm able to record whats on my screen. tried every which way to mess with the Resolution settings with no luck.
but ..it works fine with my 34" Tv HDMI

I have not updated drivers - didn't think I needed to (( not sure which I would need to download either )) =/

kanaeta

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

Thank you much =) all is working perfectly

Latest posts