Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz

CPU Speed:
2.1 GHz

RAM:
4.0 GB

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video Card:
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD

I have never upgraded a computer before and I was wondering if this laptop is upgradeable to a better video card, what a good video card to play a game like Tribes:Ascend on at least medium graphics without it lagging would be, How much it would cost and how much do people charge on average to change to a video card for you.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
a c 153 U Graphics card
April 23, 2012 3:00:25 AM

99 percent of the time a laptop is unable to have its graphics card upgraded. Without know the actual model of the laptop I cannot answer if it is in that 1 percent or not though.

Even if it was it would be costly (and not worth it) to do so, and you would be better off buying a new laptop or building a cheap desktop.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
April 23, 2012 5:26:55 AM

Video cards on a laptop aren't up-gradable. Best that you can upgrade would be RAM, and it looks like you've got the highest it can have.

As said, most of the expensive laptops, might have a chance of upgrading the video card, which I don't find too reasonable though.
m
l
Related resources
a c 181 U Graphics card
April 23, 2012 11:42:21 PM

Only some of the Gaming Laptops/Notebook types are upgradeable. And yours might not be. And most likely not. Sorry for the bad info. They don't tell you that stuff when you buy it.
m
l
April 24, 2012 12:06:13 AM

As others have said, you're extremely unlikely to be able to upgrade your notebook's GPU. This is the reason I try to talk people out of buying a notebook for gaming and point them toward SFF builds while in college dorms or small apartments/bedrooms. If you're bouncing between parents, a 20" display and a QPack case makes for a compact build that is both upgradable and (relatively) easily transported.
m
l
!