Sign in with
Your question

XFX Double D 7950 VS XFX 7950 Black Edition

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 23, 2012 6:39:25 AM

Hello !
I seek advice on which card to buy !

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... (XFX Double D 7950 )
OR
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... ( XFX 7950 Black Edition )

I understand that there may be statements telling me not to get the XFX cards and go with another brand, but bear in mind that I AM going to stick with one of these two card.
That said, please inform me about the advantages of getting one or the other, is it worth it to spend 40$ more for the Black edition or is it possible to achieve the same clock speeds etc when manipulating the double D by myself ?

I plan on having a crossfire configuration in the future and possibly even Eyefinity if that helps.

Thank you !
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 23, 2012 8:16:53 AM

TDBC is lifetime warrenty is the more expensive card

TDFC is 2 year warrenty the cheaper card

Your really paying for the lifetime warranty if thats important to you go with the more expensive one.The cheaper one could hit the same clocks and probably go just as high as the more expensive one,so it is really up to you.If it were my choice id prolly go the lifetime warranty one
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
April 23, 2012 8:24:04 AM

Same cooling, same components, you're paying extra money for the warranty and a factory overclock. The overclock is nothing you can't do!
m
l
Related resources
a c 181 U Graphics card
April 24, 2012 12:35:31 AM

I like the warranty and when you spend over $400.00 dollars then what is an extra $40.00 and you get it a little OC'd where you won't have to do it yourself.

If you OC the cheaper one and something goes wrong then you have just voided the warranty. This is just my opinion. And either way you go will be better than what you had and I wish you good luck.
m
l
April 24, 2012 12:53:32 AM

Thank you all for your replies i really appreciate it =)
Well yes i think you're right, 40$ isn't that much of a deal if i know it is going to be a good factory OC and lifetime warranty ! Plus i get a cool case badge mwahaha ! ;)  I'm going to get the BLACK EDITION then ! Would it be good enough for an eyefinity setup ? 3x 27"
And the card comes with 2 free games ! Anyone knows a good way to get games for really cheap ?? Steam maybe ? I dunno :p 
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
April 24, 2012 1:42:30 AM

MrMiyaNeko said:
Thank you all for your replies i really appreciate it =)
Well yes i think you're right, 40$ isn't that much of a deal if i know it is going to be a good factory OC and lifetime warranty ! Plus i get a cool case badge mwahaha ! ;)  I'm going to get the BLACK EDITION then ! Would it be good enough for an eyefinity setup ? 3x 27"
And the card comes with 2 free games ! Anyone knows a good way to get games for really cheap ?? Steam maybe ? I dunno :p 

Oh yeah you will be very happy with what that card will do for you with the eyefinity. You can check Steam they have deals all the time and Amazon has a couple of sales events a few times a year. Good luck and have fun gaming.
m
l
!