Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair TX750M vs Antec TruePower New TP-750

Last response: in Components
October 21, 2012 12:23:49 PM

Right now I need some help choosing which power supply to get. I have the option between a Corsair TX750M and an Antec TruePower New 750W. I can get both for the same price, and they've both received good reviews from sites like jonnyguru and hardwaresecrets.

The Corsair can peak at 890.5w while the Antec can peak at 924.1w (33.6w difference).

The modularity of the Corsair seems more intuitive than that on the Antec (the Antec has a 4 pin AND an 8 pin CPU connector permanently attatched to the PSU ; the Corsair only has a 4+4 perm. attatched). With the Corsair, I could utilize every pre-attatched cable, while with the Antec, I'm guaranteed to have to stow the useless 4-pin CPU connector somewhere.

The other side of the coin however, is that the Antec provides more stable voltage.

Site note : The Antec has an LED fan. (style points?)
a b ) Power supply
October 21, 2012 12:40:06 PM

If the Antec wins on more stable voltage, then there's your answer.
m
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
October 21, 2012 12:55:28 PM

My vote goes to the Antec, as it is also likely to be quieter in idle due to it's fan starting up at 800RPM vs 1000RPM on TXM.
m
l
Related resources
October 21, 2012 1:13:30 PM

Antec FTW every time there actually made by seasonic very good long lasting stable psu that will always go over there rated wattage
m
l
a c 280 ) Power supply
October 21, 2012 1:49:17 PM

xd4rkfire said:
Right now I need some help choosing which power supply to get. I have the option between a Corsair TX750M and an Antec TruePower New 750W. I can get both for the same price, and they've both received good reviews from sites like jonnyguru and hardwaresecrets.

The Corsair can peak at 890.5w while the Antec can peak at 924.1w (33.6w difference).

The modularity of the Corsair seems more intuitive than that on the Antec (the Antec has a 4 pin AND an 8 pin CPU connector permanently attatched to the PSU ; the Corsair only has a 4+4 perm. attatched). With the Corsair, I could utilize every pre-attatched cable, while with the Antec, I'm guaranteed to have to stow the useless 4-pin CPU connector somewhere.

The other side of the coin however, is that the Antec provides more stable voltage.

Site note : The Antec has an LED fan. (style points?)

Hi xD - I concur on Antec in this case. If the Corsair were the v2 (Seasonic vs CWT) then it might
be a difference. In this comparison go for the Antec. I almost bought that same unit for my PC
but the really good deal price disappeared before the day I was making purch.

Tom
m
l
October 22, 2012 2:56:24 AM

Update: So how about the XFX PRO750W XXX Edition ? I can get that for even less than the Antec and the Corsair ($107.24 [XFX] vs $113.23 [Antec] vs $110.99 [Corsair])

Better modular system than both Antec and Corsair, is made by SeaSonic, and has the longest cables out of the 3. Also, assuming that the XFX PRO750W XXX Edition is just a restyled XFX 750W Black Edition, the XFX has outstanding voltage regulation.
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
October 22, 2012 5:16:55 AM

Then get the XFX. All 3 units are superb quality units and each will be more than enough to last you many years. In this case, the cheapest one wins and it's the XFX.
October 23, 2012 10:58:04 AM

Best answer selected by xD4rkFire.
m
l
!