'Back' seems to be going nowhere sometimes

nigelren

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
Using Chrome ( Version 23.0.1271.97 ) on Ubuntu and quite often when I go into a forum, read a few messages etc. and then press the back button on the browser - the page refreshes - but it's the same page. If you drop the list of previous pages down it may list the same forum maybe 3 or 4 times. Eventually it will get back to the forums list.

Nothing drastic - but a bit annoying to have to keep hitting back 4 or 5 times to get out of a forum.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Is this happening specifically with our forum, or with all forums you browse? Is there a newer version of Chrome for Ubuntu you might try? Or updating javascript? We haven't changed anything on our side for awhile in terms of how navigation works here on Tom's Hardware's forum.

Kreelor

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
I'm using Windows Internet Explorer version 9, with all recent updates to it.

This forum doesn't recognize single mouse-clicks on the "Previous/Back" button. I have to double-click it to get it to work. And, 1/2 the time, it takes me to THG's "Home Page" instead of the previous page I wanted to go back to.

EDITED: Note, this happens ONLY on THG forums and not on other forums.

Kreelor

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009

Why haven't you "changed anything on our side for awhile in terms of how navigation works here on Tom's Hardware's forum?"

Beyond the problems with "navigation" issues, there are other issues which have been ignored for quite awhile. It would be very nice if somebody would actually do something to eliminate reported problems, and possibly even improve or add features that benefit everyone.