CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
- A new Ivy Bridge quad core CPU. It will have considerable more power to it that you will especially notice in multiplayer games.
Motherboard: Biostar TZ77B ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
- Nothing too fancy about this board, but offering the new features on the Z77 chipset.
Memory: G.Skill Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
- Definitely not the fastest or best RAM, for example it's only 1333 instead of 1600. You'll never miss it though, there is virtually no difference in most games fps.
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($82.99 @ SuperBiiz)
- Self explanatory I think
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
- 7850s are probably the best bang for buck video cards out there right now. They really give you a lot for what you pay all while using very little power.
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case ($72.99 @ Best Buy)
- Pretty nice looking case with good cooling.
Power Supply: Antec 400W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.61 @ Amazon)
- Antec makes great PSUs. I had to cut the wattage down a little closer than I usually like to get the build in the correct budget range. You're still ~50 watts over what you need, but if you wanted to spend another $20 it could give you more breathing room.