Stubborn folder icon

February 11, 2005 10:53:03 AM

I deleted a desktop theme which had no uninstall. All cleaned up, but no
matter what I try, I'm stuck with cat figures for my folder icons! How do I
delete these critters and default to plain folder icons. My husbans's icons
defaulted on his logon: I'm the administrator, though.

More about : stubborn folder icon

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:53:46 AM

If you still have the third-party .Theme file in the hard disk, open it the
Notepad and post the contents here. If not, open Regedit and navigate to:

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID]

Export the key and post the contents here.

In addition: Rebuild the icons using this method:

1. Right-click Desktop, choose Properties, Appearance Tab.
2. Click Advanced button, choose Icon from the drop-down list and set it's
size to 31 and press OK.
3. Press OK, OK
4. Repeat steps 1-3, and set the value back to 32.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

!