Stubborn folder icon

I deleted a desktop theme which had no uninstall. All cleaned up, but no
matter what I try, I'm stuck with cat figures for my folder icons! How do I
delete these critters and default to plain folder icons. My husbans's icons
defaulted on his logon: I'm the administrator, though.
1 answer Last reply
More about stubborn folder icon

    If you still have the third-party .Theme file in the hard disk, open it the
    Notepad and post the contents here. If not, open Regedit and navigate to:

    [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID]

    Export the key and post the contents here.

    In addition: Rebuild the icons using this method:

    1. Right-click Desktop, choose Properties, Appearance Tab.
    2. Click Advanced button, choose Icon from the drop-down list and set it's
    size to 31 and press OK.
    3. Press OK, OK
    4. Repeat steps 1-3, and set the value back to 32.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Flummoxed" <Flummoxed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I deleted a desktop theme which had no uninstall. All cleaned up, but no
    > matter what I try, I'm stuck with cat figures for my folder icons! How do
    > delete these critters and default to plain folder icons. My husbans's
    > icons
    > defaulted on his logon: I'm the administrator, though.

Configuration Customization Icons Windows XP