Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How do i determine if my graphics card has enough to run on my 32' LED

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 23, 2012 2:43:18 PM

I am looking at buying a TV for my bedroom and i wanted a 32' LED and i was wondering what kinda specs do i need to know for this situation. I have built my own comps but im still not sure what i need to have to make sure i can run that large of a monitor/screen. i currently have an AMD45?? XFX HD. It does not have HDMI ports on it so im sure it wont be able to do what i want. but im not sure.
a b U Graphics card
April 23, 2012 3:30:28 PM

well if your buying a HDTV its gonna be running at 1920x1080
for the inputs it should have hdmi as its a tv...dvi would be the second option, vga the last and worst option
when you get a video card they should include a dvi to hdmi dongle and then you can use the hdmi cable to connect your tv to the video card. you can also shop for dvi to hdmi cables, i have seen those too.
m
l
April 23, 2012 3:40:01 PM

It all depends on the resolution not the size of the screen. What resolution is the tv going to be?
m
l
Related resources
a c 181 U Graphics card
April 24, 2012 1:33:42 AM

^+1
Just about any GPU that will support the resolution the TV requires. Not power. Doing a TV as a monitor has its goods and bads but from what I have herd more goods then bads. Good luck to you.
m
l
April 24, 2012 2:29:58 AM

hey thanx guys!! im looking at a 1080 tv and i know the video card is 1080 capable i just didnt think that it would be able to send enough video for that size TV. i was mainly going to use the tv just to watch movies in my room sense thats where the comp is and i have a few movies on the comp already. just cant see the 19" monitor from so far away ya know?
m
l

Best solution

a c 181 U Graphics card
April 24, 2012 10:55:13 PM

Look at it this way when cable TV is running do you get a shock from that no it is all low voltage and the voltage is pushing the signal there for it doesn't need much of anything to get the signal to a monitor or TV.

The signal is just that a signal. So If I buy a 60" flat screen does the cable Co. have to boost there signal because I have a huge TV? Or what if I hava a 15" TV Do they reduce the signal?

No to both the answers. You are sending out the same signal as the cable Co. It will work on the smallest or the largest one. The only time you need to boost a signal is if the line is to long and they call that a voltage drop. I hope this helps?
April 25, 2012 2:13:54 AM

Best answer selected by bigmas89.
m
l
April 25, 2012 2:14:30 AM

DM186 said:
Look at it this way when cable TV is running do you get a shock from that no it is all low voltage and the voltage is pushing the signal there for it doesn't need much of anything to get the signal to a monitor or TV.

The signal is just that a signal. So If I buy a 60" flat screen does the cable Co. have to boost there signal because I have a huge TV? Or what if I hava a 15" TV Do they reduce the signal?

No to both the answers. You are sending out the same signal as the cable Co. It will work on the smallest or the largest one. The only time you need to boost a signal is if the line is to long and they call that a voltage drop. I hope this helps?

hey man thanx that actually helped alot!! never thought about it that way!!
m
l
!