Asus 560ti or Palit 560ti?

dev79

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Hi,

I'm looking to get a new GPU, from some help on another thread on the motherboard section i decided on a 560ti.

I was going to buy a Asus 1GB GeForce GTX 560TI DirectCUII PCI-E Graphics Card but while surfing i came across :

Palit 1.28GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores Graphics Card

Its for some reason cheaper than the asus which is just the 384 core version. It seems stupid to even ask but is there something wrong with the Palit build or general quality that would bring the price below that of the asus card?

The buyer seems creditable which simply leads me to wonder is palit a decent enough card that i should risk buying it. Im sure The palit should be far more expensive but at this price should i take the risk?

thanks all.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Palit's brand name is just fine. Those 448 core versions are friggen sweet and are basically 570's without the tag (just shy, by a tad, in performance).

Get it. Those 448 core cards can be about 20% faster in certain games.

Reference: http://guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-560-ti-448-core-review/

dev79

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
great thanks for the info. I just had to ask as it seemed odd that such a powerful card would be so cheap i thought there must be something wrong with it :D

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
If 448 core really attracts you, consider EVGA Classified Ultra which is reviewed the most by Newegg users with virtually perfect score. This is already overclocked pretty much compared to other brands, and you can even OC further. I have just Classified version, not Ultra, and after 4 months of heavy use, I still consider this the best purchase in my system.

dev79

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
the 448 was usually out of my price range but as i found the palits one which was cheaper than the asus 384 core version i would only get the palits one because for some odd reason its very cheap so this thread is more me trying to find out how good palits version is and if its worth trying.

I have a pair of Palit cards that have been in SLi for the last year and have had no issues, my mothers Palit card is fine after three years and my mate has a pair of Palit 8800GT's in SLi that are still going strong.

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
EVGA Ultra was 249 after rebate last week on Newegg when I checked. It's now 269. Too bad.

By the way, if you can get the Palit for good price, I'm glad. Just be careful not to be toyed by seller/manufacturer as I was before by Zotac. When I found a really good priced card on their website, I ordered it right away, only to receive an order cancellation notice couple of days later, stating that the price was an error, and my order had been canceled. After a few e-mail exchange, I just decided to skip the brand. That's too bad, since I had good experience with their hardware before, and now definitely I will not go back to them.

dev79

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
the Palit comes in at £160 while the asus is £166 which made me write this thread as i think it must be a mistake or something isnt right with it. I've sent an email and if they confirm it to be correct i might try and get one and keep my fingers and toes crossed for a good result!

thanks for the quick replies all. ^^]