Corsair H100

Hi guys!

Tomorrow I will receive my new Corsair H100 CPU cooler. I've read that it matters how one apply the paste between the CPU and the cooler. What is the preferable way to apply the paste?

Second question; Does any of you have any knowledge or experience about this cooler? I'm going to over-clock my AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE, and I hope this cooler will do the trick. Does anyone have any useful information for me before I get started?

All answers will be greatly appreciated ;)

AlC0
10 answers Last reply
More about corsair h100
  1. If you can mount the H100 in a push/pull (four fans) configuration, it will provide better cooling. It should be adequate to OC your 955.
    I suspect the waterblock will heve pre-applied thermal compound but, there are varying schools of thought on the application of TIM, I personally prefer the bb/rice grain method.
  2. You really didn't even need a H100 to OC a PII.

Most of the people I've seen around here can give a PII the max safe voltage with just a 212 Evo without much trouble, so a H100 is just extreme overkill, but it's never bad to keep it nice and cool, either.

And I second the BB/rice grain/small pea thermal paste method.
  3. Just use the stock paste that's pre applied on the cooler. It's much flatter then manual applying.

Even if you switched pastes, you wouldn't see that much of a difference.
  4. friedman: I will rember the ekstra fan's option if my cpu exceeds acceptable temps, and checking into what those methods you mentioned.

DjDesibel: I got the H100 on a 50% discount, so only paid 25% more for the H100 than the 212 Evo ;)

amuffin: Going with your advice on keeping the stock paste from corsair for now

Thanks guys! Allways good answers to get on hardware around here!
  5. alc0 said:
    Hi guys!

Tomorrow I will receive my new Corsair H100 CPU cooler. I've read that it matters how one apply the paste between the CPU and the cooler. What is the preferable way to apply the paste?

Second question; Does any of you have any knowledge or experience about this cooler? I'm going to over-clock my AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE, and I hope this cooler will do the trick. Does anyone have any useful information for me before I get started?

All answers will be greatly appreciated ;)

AlC0

ALCO I own a H100 that cools my Bulldozer 8150 @ 4.6GHZ so you will be fine with a 955BE. Use the preapplied paste. Take your time with the mount. What type of case do you have? The H100 is a BIG water cooler.
  6. Hey there guskline!

I have a HAF 922 case. I have just mounted it, took my time, ever reverted 2 of the case fans, and installed yet another one. At the moment I have 2x 120 mm fans blowing in to the case. and 2x 120 mm fans blowing out. I also have 2x 200 mm fans. One blowing in, the other blowing out. At stock speeds I am now at 46 C on load using prime 95. I'm guessing this cooler will be sufficient when I start overclocking, wich will be this evening ;)
  7. I had to mod my 912 case so the fans and radiator are on top, drawing cool air into the radiator which then has warmer air go into the case. Then the exhaust fan mounted at the top exhausts that warm air out. My high temps are mid to low 50s for a Bulldozer clocked at 4.6 Ghz when running IntelBurntest.
  8. Good thing I took the 932 then :P I am currently stable at 3.6, moving forward! this is fun!
  9. Great case. Good luck!
  10. Yes it is :P Thank you! Stuck on 3.6, guessing I'll have to read on other things to adjust than the multiplier and the vcore
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Corsair