Graphics Issue in all games, HELP

bheslar

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Okay, so I have this homebuilt PC,
-GTX 560 Ti
750 Watt OCZ powersupply (new)
6gb ram

and in all games that I play (and often when not playing, on youtube, or just browsing) I get weird graphical glitches such as grid patterns on SOME but not all windows, weird color "mists" and when im playing games it will look like stalactytes coming out of things in the game (sorry, I do not know the technical term for that) I'll grab a screencap and post it in a second.

Thanks guys.

Can you post you exact components , motherboard brand and model , video card brand and model and the same with the rest. Just reading your description it sounds like a few things could be wrong and it could be any one of them. The video card or the power supply could be defertive , the bios on the motherboard could be ciorupt and the ram is an odd amout it should be either 4gb or 8gb. That's why I want brands and model's because you couls have triple channel ram in a dual channel motherboard.

bheslar

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Yeah sure-
Asrock p67 extreme4
i5 2500k (Hyper 212+ Cooler)
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2 x 2GB) (Sorry, it's 4gb, that was a typo)
MSI GTX 560ti Twin Frozr II
OCZ Fatality 750W

Becqause it can be any of the things that I mentioned it would be helpfull if there was a way for you to try the video card and power supply in another computer because one of those is defective or the motherboard and you can't really test the motherboard so you'll have to eliminate the other two parts from being defective.
The power supply while working could be partialy defective and not suppling the video card with enough voltage to let the card perform correctly. You do have the 6 pin power cable connected to the video card correct?
One thing you can do is call the tech support at MSI and see what they say about the graphical distortions your having.

bheslar

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
If that's true, then it has to be the graphics card or mobo, because I have already tried a new power supply, this OCZ is a replacement for a previous one.