New cpu and mobo giving bsod

trolik

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Hello,

Today i bought an asus p8z77-v lk and an i5 3570k and since then have been getting a bsod with stop code 0x000000f4 as soon as the windows splash screen loads. I've already tried replacing the gfx card, hdd, ram, psu and unplugged and replaced all the cables. I'm guessing ill need to take one of the 2 components back that i bought today, but from what ive listed is there a way to tell which one is defective?

Thanks,

Steven.

STOP 0x0000004F errors are likely caused by hardware or device driver issues. Here are some things you can try.

1. Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.
2. If you’ve recently added new hardware, remove it and retest.
3. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the manufacturer.
4. Make sure device drivers and system BIOS are up-to-date.
5. However, if you’ve installed new drivers just before the problem appeared, try rolling them back to the older ones.
6. Open the box and make sure all hardware is correctly installed, well seated, and solidly connected.
7. Confirm that all of your hardware is on the Hardware Compatibility List. If some of it isn’t, then pay particular attention to the non-HCL hardware in your troubleshooting.
8. Check for viruses.
9. Investigate recently added software.
10. Examine (and try disabling) BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing