Gaming and Engineering Tower

Arcanos

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I am currently a junior in high school looking into building my own computer. I want something that will last me for the duration of my college years, so about 4-5 years. I don't know what kind of parts, if any, are needed for any engineering courses and would appreciate any advice on what I would need. I would also however want a good computer for gaming. Now the thing is, however, I can't find any recent sources on whether or not it would be better for me to wait till next year to build my computer or of I wouldn't matter too much if I just built it now. Any advice?

g-unit1111

Titan
Knowing the budget would help to suggest a system.

Are you just wanting to know if now is a good time to buy or not? If so the answer is yes - the new GPUs from NVIDIA and AMD are good, Intel's new CPUs are good (can't say the same for AMD), the new motherboards are good, and there's tons of other great stuff out.

Arcanos

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
Well I if I were going to set a budget I I guess 800 or less would be good to start, and going over by a little bit wouldn't be a problem. Forgive me if I'm being too vague I just don't know much about the internal components of computers :/