Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nokia 6230 accessories

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 24, 2004 6:20:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi guys,

I just bought the new Nokia 6230 (my old phone was a 7110 and I'm
still trying to understand how I can copy contacts from 7110 to 6230.
Both Nokia PC Suite 5.8 and 6.2 failed) and I'm looking for some
accessories.

1) Is there a compatible BL-5C battery with longer capacity? I think
the 850mah will last 2-3 days of normal using. Is there anything out
there with more mah?

2) I'm looking for a small and good bluetooth headset, any suggestion?

3) I also would like to buy a bigger MMC. I see there are many brands,
but I'm not really sure whether they're compatible or not. Any hints?
In a site they have good prices on infineon, do they work fine? I
would like to buy a 512Mb MMC

Thanks in advance!

mario

More about : nokia 6230 accessories

June 24, 2004 2:52:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I just purchased a 256Mb memory card for the sheer fact the 512 reviews ive
read have shown the card not to show full capacity and slow in access.

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=108417&thr...

something to at least read, this is where I got my 256 from... Ordered
before 4pm yesterday, arrived 9am this morn, not bad huh

Jaime


"Mario" <mario@emmedici.com> wrote in message
news:646ccba.0406240120.2ab59494@posting.google.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> I just bought the new Nokia 6230 (my old phone was a 7110 and I'm
> still trying to understand how I can copy contacts from 7110 to 6230.
> Both Nokia PC Suite 5.8 and 6.2 failed) and I'm looking for some
> accessories.
>
> 1) Is there a compatible BL-5C battery with longer capacity? I think
> the 850mah will last 2-3 days of normal using. Is there anything out
> there with more mah?
>
> 2) I'm looking for a small and good bluetooth headset, any suggestion?
>
> 3) I also would like to buy a bigger MMC. I see there are many brands,
> but I'm not really sure whether they're compatible or not. Any hints?
> In a site they have good prices on infineon, do they work fine? I
> would like to buy a 512Mb MMC
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> mario
June 24, 2004 8:30:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

> > 2) I'm looking for a small and good bluetooth headset, any suggestion?
> >

FWIW, I bought a BlueTrek G2. I liked it because of the price (GBP 50 at
the Link), the fact it is light and has good battery life. I've had it for
about 1-2 months and wouldn't recommend it.
- I regularly got complaints from callers saying they couldn't hear me. The
only time I'm really able to use it is in a quiet room, with NO ambient
noise - in other words under conditions where I can typically just use the
handset with a headset. As I bought this for driving, it's wasn't a good
choice - too bad, as I'm now stuck with it.
- The range was well below the 10m limit claimed on the box.

Hope that helps.

If anyone else can recommend reviews that offer side-by-side comparisons, it
would be of interest.
Related resources
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 2:39:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On 24 Jun 2004 02:20:31 -0700, mario@emmedici.com (Mario) wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>I just bought the new Nokia 6230 (my old phone was a 7110 and I'm
>still trying to understand how I can copy contacts from 7110 to 6230.
>Both Nokia PC Suite 5.8 and 6.2 failed) and I'm looking for some
>accessories.
>
>1) Is there a compatible BL-5C battery with longer capacity? I think
>the 850mah will last 2-3 days of normal using. Is there anything out
>there with more mah?



Not yet.

Obviouly it depends on your definition of 'normal' usage, but I'm
getting up to six days with light usage. It takes a while (many
recharges) for the battery to perform at its best.


>2) I'm looking for a small and good bluetooth headset, any suggestion?

I'm using the Logitech bluetooth headset. Excellent ergonomics
and battery life, but maybe not the smallest of units.


>3) I also would like to buy a bigger MMC. I see there are many brands,
>but I'm not really sure whether they're compatible or not. Any hints?
>In a site they have good prices on infineon, do they work fine? I
>would like to buy a 512Mb MMC

People have reported up to 1GB MMCs as working (with some problems
in terms of reported free memory). Generally, most MMCs should work.
You will be unlucky to find one that doesn't.


Gav
June 25, 2004 4:56:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

> I just purchased a 256Mb memory card for the sheer fact the 512 reviews ive
> read have shown the card not to show full capacity and slow in access.
> http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=108417&thr...
> something to at least read, this is where I got my 256 from... Ordered
> before 4pm yesterday, arrived 9am this morn, not bad huh

Uhm, I wasn't aware of it ... well maybe it's better to get a 256Mb so
avoiding any problem. I checked the price and maybe on expansys
they're nto the cheapest for Italy but I will do some more searches
into other shop to see where they have the best prices.

BTW I solved the problem of copying the entire phonebook from 7110 to
6230. I used the nice Cellular Essentials by Demmel
(http://www.demmel.com/cellular/english/index.htm). It worked
perfectly. The demo version is fully featured and last 30 days.
Unfortunately this software is useful only for copying phonebook, I
didn't get the chance to copy messages (I think Oxygen does it).

Thanks a lot

mario
June 25, 2004 4:58:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

>> 2) I'm looking for a small and good bluetooth headset, any
suggestion?
> FWIW, I bought a BlueTrek G2. I liked it because of the price (GBP 50 at
> the Link), the fact it is light and has good battery life. I've had it for
> about 1-2 months and wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks a lot for your review. That headset was one I saw in different
online shops and now I definitely not go for it :-) I will check
better for other brands and models.

> If anyone else can recommend reviews that offer side-by-side comparisons, it
> would be of interest.
That would be really useful is anybody who get accessories for nokia
would post a short review with pros and cons. For cell newbie it's
really useful to have suggestions by other users.

Thanks a lot!!

mario
June 25, 2004 5:11:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

>>1) Is there a compatible BL-5C battery with longer capacity?
> Not yet.

Ok, I will wait for it :-)

> Obviouly it depends on your definition of 'normal' usage, but I'm
> getting up to six days with light usage. It takes a while (many
> recharges) for the battery to perform at its best.
Uhm, that's good, I know that battery get full operation after few
charges. I just did my first one for 9 hours and I will do the next
one full as well and then I will check. I just did a quick searches
through forums and newsgroups and I thought that with average usage it
lasts 2-3 days but if it's more ... well good :-D

>>2) I'm looking for a small and good bluetooth headset, any
suggestion?
> I'm using the Logitech bluetooth headset. Excellent ergonomics
> and battery life, but maybe not the smallest of units.
Mmm ... I looked at it and it looks very nice, maybe it's trye that is
not the smallest one but it does fold up so maybe that's not that bad.
What about audio quality? Do you hear well? And the person you're
talking to? When it's folded can you put it easily in your pocket?
Does it look fragile?

A model that looks interesting is this one: Cellink BTHS 6023 F or
other cellinks models (http://cellink.com.tw/product/bths_6023.htm).
What do you think?

>> 3) I also would like to buy a bigger MMC.
> People have reported up to 1GB MMCs as working (with some problems
> in terms of reported free memory). Generally, most MMCs should work.
> You will be unlucky to find one that doesn't.

Yep, I read something about it at expansys. Maybe 1Gb is too much
right now (as it would be much much expansive), I will go for a 256Mb
maybe, avoiding any reported free memory and slow access problem.

Thanks so much!!

Bye

mario
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 1:48:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On 24 Jun 2004 02:20:31 -0700, mario@emmedici.com (Mario) wrote:

>Hi guys,
> I'm
>still trying to understand how I can copy contacts from 7110 to 6230.

Can you not send them to the 6230 via Infa Red? On the 7110 scroll to
the number you want, then send a business card via infa red ( activate
infa red on the 6230 1st ) and hey presto. thats what i did but my
older phone was a 6210

cheers


paul
>
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 9:50:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"me!!" <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:p ipnd0p0s6lflg7hnagu77vaqpfke0luar@4ax.com...
| On 24 Jun 2004 02:20:31 -0700, mario@emmedici.com (Mario) wrote:
|
| >Hi guys,
| > I'm
| >still trying to understand how I can copy contacts from 7110 to 6230.
|
| Can you not send them to the 6230 via Infa Red? On the 7110 scroll to
| the number you want, then send a business card via infa red ( activate
| infa red on the 6230 1st ) and hey presto. thats what i did but my
| older phone was a 6210
|
| cheers
|
|
| paul
| >
|

A variation would be to do a "transfer all data" from the *#war0anty# menus?
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 11:57:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

In article <646ccba.0406240120.2ab59494@posting.google.com>, Mario
<mario@emmedici.com> writes
>Hi guys,
>
>I just bought the new Nokia 6230 (my old phone was a 7110 and I'm
>still trying to understand how I can copy contacts from 7110 to 6230.
>Both Nokia PC Suite 5.8 and 6.2 failed) and I'm looking for some
>accessories.
>
>1) Is there a compatible BL-5C battery with longer capacity? I think
>the 850mah will last 2-3 days of normal using. Is there anything out
>there with more mah?

Not that I'm aware of, but another BL-5C or two would be fairly cheap,
and you could charge them all up and carry the spares with you.

>2) I'm looking for a small and good bluetooth headset, any suggestion?

The Nokia one is pretty small. I use an SE HBH-35 myself.

>3) I also would like to buy a bigger MMC. I see there are many brands,
>but I'm not really sure whether they're compatible or not. Any hints?
>In a site they have good prices on infineon, do they work fine? I
>would like to buy a 512Mb MMC

From what I've heard, 256MB is the largest officially supported size,
but 512MB cards will work, but report incorrect information back to the
phone.

Steer clear of SD cards, as apparently these won't work in the 6230.
--
Toby
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 11:57:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

In article <646ccba.0406242358.78da7a6@posting.google.com>, Mario
<mario@emmedici.com> writes
>>> 2) I'm looking for a small and good bluetooth headset, any
>suggestion?
>> FWIW, I bought a BlueTrek G2. I liked it because of the price (GBP 50 at
>> the Link), the fact it is light and has good battery life. I've had it for
>> about 1-2 months and wouldn't recommend it.
>
>Thanks a lot for your review. That headset was one I saw in different
>online shops and now I definitely not go for it :-) I will check
>better for other brands and models.
>
>> If anyone else can recommend reviews that offer side-by-side comparisons, it
>> would be of interest.
>That would be really useful is anybody who get accessories for nokia
>would post a short review with pros and cons. For cell newbie it's
>really useful to have suggestions by other users.

So far I have just a Nokia DKU-2 cable and Sony Ericsson HBH-35 headset.

I have on order a DCV-14 desk stand, HS-3 headset, Krusell case and a
256MB MMC card. I'll report back what they're like.
--
Toby
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 1:36:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On 25 Jun 2004 01:11:19 -0700, mario@emmedici.com (Mario) wrote:


>>>2) I'm looking for a small and good bluetooth headset, any
>suggestion?
>> I'm using the Logitech bluetooth headset. Excellent ergonomics
>> and battery life, but maybe not the smallest of units.
>Mmm ... I looked at it and it looks very nice, maybe it's trye that is
>not the smallest one but it does fold up so maybe that's not that bad.
>What about audio quality? Do you hear well? And the person you're
>talking to? When it's folded can you put it easily in your pocket?
>Does it look fragile?

Audio quality is exactly as using the phone in the regular manner -
no distinguishable quality loss. Actually, maybe it sounds a little
better as the earpiece is now clamped firmly to the ear. To people on
the other end it has also been indistinguishable.

Even folded up it certainly wouldn't slip very discreetly into a
shirt pocket or tight jeans but no problems with a coat/jacket pocket.

It neither looks nor feels fragile.


Gav
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 4:19:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

In article <ptQJCuARGI3AFwFu@iconia.org.uk>, Toby Groves
<news@iconia.org.uk> writes
>I have on order a DCV-14 desk stand, HS-3 headset, Krusell case and a
>256MB MMC card. I'll report back what they're like.

Well the case showed up yesterday, and tbh I'm not sure whether to use
it or not.

The case itself is good quality, and fits the phone well. Unusually (in
my experience at least), all the holes appear to line up correctly too.
There is an open hole at the bottom and the right for the speaker, plus
holes covered with clear plastic for the volume on the left and the main
switch at the top.

The big problem with it is using the joypad through the plastic. Using
this pad is tricky at the best of times, but with the case on it becomes
even more difficult, and getting it to go up is virtually impossible
without resorting to fingernails or little fingers.

I wanted some decent protection for the phone, but after this I'm not
sure whether to bother with another variety of case, as they'll likely
all have the same problem. I may just try to take care of the phone and
if it gets too battered in a year or so then just buy a new shell for
it.
--
Toby
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 7:14:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

> >I have on order a DCV-14 desk stand, HS-3 headset, Krusell case and a
> >256MB MMC card. I'll report back what they're like.
>
> Well the case showed up yesterday, and tbh I'm not sure whether to use
> it or not.
>
> The case itself is good quality, and fits the phone well. Unusually (in
> my experience at least), all the holes appear to line up correctly too.
> There is an open hole at the bottom and the right for the speaker, plus
> holes covered with clear plastic for the volume on the left and the main
> switch at the top.
>
> The big problem with it is using the joypad through the plastic. Using
> this pad is tricky at the best of times, but with the case on it becomes
> even more difficult, and getting it to go up is virtually impossible
> without resorting to fingernails or little fingers.
>
> I wanted some decent protection for the phone, but after this I'm not
> sure whether to bother with another variety of case, as they'll likely
> all have the same problem. I may just try to take care of the phone and
> if it gets too battered in a year or so then just buy a new shell for
> it.

Get the BodyGlove case, perfect and has a belt clip as well.

Also I use the Jabra 250, altogether, with a 256 MB MM Card, and using a USB
PC card reader/writer, perfect.



--
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 8:30:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

In article <1088345674.10168.0@demeter.uk.clara.net>, +-Del-+
<--superlfc--@NOlfc4everMORE.comSPAM> writes
>Get the BodyGlove case, perfect and has a belt clip as well.

Was looking at that one, but surely you get the same problem with the
joypad through the plastic?
>
>Also I use the Jabra 250, altogether, with a 256 MB MM Card, and using a USB
>PC card reader/writer, perfect.
>
>
>
>--
>
>

--
Toby
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 10:28:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

> >Get the BodyGlove case, perfect and has a belt clip as well.
>
> Was looking at that one, but surely you get the same problem with the
> joypad through the plastic?

Nope - went back & tested the up key many times, no bother.

--
!