Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Seeking advice for my build.

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
June 19, 2012 6:32:44 AM

I'm getting a new system soon for about $1800. I'm not that great at computers so all I want to know is if the following parts are completely compatible. Buying on Saturday.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

CPU: Intel i5 3570K

RAM: G.Skill Ripjawz-x 1600mhz 8GB kit

PSU: Corsair TX 750W

Tower: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer

GPU: Nvidia Galaxy GTX 670

Fan: Coolermaster TX3 EVO

HDD: 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA ST1000DM003

SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB

More about : seeking advice build

June 19, 2012 6:55:09 AM

Swap the Agility 3 out for a Vertex 3 or a Mushkin Chronos Deluxe

Consider swapping the Barracuda for a Caviar Black

Everything else looks good
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 6:58:00 AM

The Barracuda is about as fast as the Caviar Black for a lot cheaper. Get the TX750 V2 as it is based on a newer design. Get the EVGA FTW GTX 670. Change the Agility 3 for a Vertex 4 or Deluxe Chronos.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 19, 2012 6:59:54 AM

Nice build!
Can you link me were your buying from?

Also, your going to need bigger than a 60gb SSD to reap the benefits, your pretty much limited to the OS and some staple programs with that size, you'll have to install most software on the 1tb!

What about monitor, OS, Keyboard and mouse?
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:05:14 AM

XavierTobin said:
Nice build!
Can you link me were your buying from?

Also, your going to need bigger than a 60gb SSD to reap the benefits, your pretty much limited to the OS and some staple programs with that size, you'll have to install most software on the 1tb!

What about monitor, OS, Keyboard and mouse?


I'm buying from a shop in Sydney http://www.pcdiy.com.au/
The SSD is only for the OS

Monitor and keyboard+mouse will be decided at the point of purchase (not online)
Windows 7 64bit home premium
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:07:55 AM

azeem40 said:
The Barracuda is about as fast as the Caviar Black for a lot cheaper. Get the TX750 V2 as it is based on a newer design. Get the EVGA FTW GTX 670. Change the Agility 3 for a Vertex 4 or Deluxe Chronos.

can't really get any better parts since the budget is stretched thin as it is. Are the current parts compatible?
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:09:26 AM

The V2 is only like $5 more. And btw, your build up there is nowhere near $1800 yet.
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:09:59 AM

Pinhedd said:
Swap the Agility 3 out for a Vertex 3 or a Mushkin Chronos Deluxe

Consider swapping the Barracuda for a Caviar Black

Everything else looks good

Those parts are in consideration but i can't spend any more money on better parts. Are the current parts completely compatible though? Thanks for your help.
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:11:14 AM

azeem40 said:
The V2 is only like $5 more. And btw, your build up there is nowhere near $1800 yet.

Oops thats the price with OS+other stuff
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:12:26 AM

What other stuff? Link?
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:12:56 AM

azeem40 said:
The V2 is only like $5 more. And btw, your build up there is nowhere near $1800 yet.

Also the shop I'm buying from doesn't have that part. Not buying online or different shop but thanks for your answer
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:14:25 AM

azeem40 said:
What other stuff? Link?

A monitor (not sure about model but preferably 22")
Keyboard+mouse (not sure)
Windows 7 Home premium
Office 2010
Antivirus
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:19:40 AM

You don't need to pay to get good antivirus protection. Just use Microsoft Security Essentials. Using the $ saved, you can upgrade using my advice.
m
0
l

Best solution

June 19, 2012 7:22:15 AM

mtthew said:
I'm buying from a shop in Sydney http://www.pcdiy.com.au/
The SSD is only for the OS

Monitor and keyboard+mouse will be decided at the point of purchase (not online)
Windows 7 64bit home premium


The PSU is way overkill, two GTx 670'S would only use 650 watts, and technology is only making things more energy-efficient.

Try this:
Motherboard: Asrock z77 Extreme6
CPU: Intel i5 3570K
RAM: G.Skill Ripjawzx 1600mhz 8GB kit
PSU: Coolermaster GX80+ Bronze 650 Watt
Tower: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce
Fan: Coolermaster TX3 EVO
HDD: 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA ST1000DM003
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
Share
June 19, 2012 7:24:35 AM

azeem40 said:
You don't need to pay to get good antivirus protection. Just use Microsoft Security Essentials. Using the $ saved, you can upgrade using my advice.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for your help. Forgive me for repeating this but are these current parts completely compatible? My biggest worry is buying the computer and ending up having to refund an entire part because it isn't compatible.
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:32:09 AM

XavierTobin said:
The PSU is way overkill, two GTx 670'S would only use 650 watts, and technology is only making things more energy-efficient.

Try this:
Motherboard: Asrock z77 Extreme6
CPU: Intel i5 3570K
RAM: G.Skill Ripjawzx 1600mhz 8GB kit
PSU: Coolermaster GX80+ Bronze 650 Watt
Tower: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce
Fan: Coolermaster TX3 EVO
HDD: 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA ST1000DM003
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB

What are the differences between the current motherboard and the one you recommended? Also I only need the SSD for the OS.
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:34:27 AM

mtthew said:
A monitor (not sure about model but preferably 22")
Keyboard+mouse (not sure)
Windows 7 Home premium
Office 2010
Antivirus


Try:
Monitor: Philips 227E3LHSU ($159)
Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Compact ($54)
Mouse: Thermaltake Black ($36)
All value-enthusiast parts, good value and good products!
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:48:37 AM

mtthew said:
What are the differences between the current motherboard and the one you recommended? Also I only need the SSD for the OS.


More USB 3.0 ports, more PCI-E x16 slots for upgrading, Better overclocking ability, more SATA 6Gb/s ports, better quality build and has a more outputs, it also comes with a USB 3.0 header for the case!

You should try get a 500gb hdd and the 120gb SSD, the performance of SSDs are phenomonal, and its best to expand to fit your programs as well!

And yes, your parts are compatible!
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:53:14 AM

XavierTobin said:
More USB 3.0 ports, more PCI-E x16 slots for upgrading, Better overclocking ability, more SATA 6Gb/s ports, better quality build and has a more outputs, it also comes with a USB 3.0 header for the case!

You should try get a 500gb hdd and the 120gb SSD, the performance of SSDs are phenomonal, and its best to expand to fit your programs as well!

And yes, your parts are compatible!

I'll make sure to remember this when i visit the store. Thanks for your help! :) 
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 7:54:20 AM

Best answer selected by mtthew.
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 9:33:13 AM

mtthew said:
I'll make sure to remember this when i visit the store. Thanks for your help! :) 


No problem! :) 
m
0
l
!