4 displays on Radeon HD 6800 series?

Chrism210pr

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
I have an AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series GPU (6870) and a Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard. I already have Dell, AOC, and Samsung displays and want to attempt to add my Venturer TV as a fourth display. I have attached the Samsung through VGA to my motherboard, the AOC through HDMI to my motherboard, and for the Dell I used a converter from HDMI to DVI-I (Dual-Link) to my GPU. Then I attempted to connect my Venturer TV from VGA to DVI-I to my GPU. This resulted in the signal "No Signal", then I wanted to see what was causing this. I removed the Dell connection and replaced it with the Venturer and it worked. Then I re-connected the Dell to my other DVI-I on my GPU and that resulted in having "No Signal", but the Venturer continued to work. So, my question is how can I get 4 displays working?

Picture of my GPU: http://techgage.com/articles/amd/radeon_hd6800_llano/amd_event_04.jpg

Picture of my Motherboard: http://www.conrad.de/medias/global/ce/8000_8999/8700/8730/8736/873641_ZB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

Solution
Actually you can pull that off with that particular motherboard. The Z68 boards can have both the IGP and a Discrete GPU operate simultaneously. Alternatively his 6870 could support all 4 displays on its own, but he would have to get display port adapters, probably at least one active display port adapter, as odds are only one of the DVI ports on that card can actually take an analog signal. The second DVI is usually digital only, so no VGA to DVI adapters.
Actually you can pull that off with that particular motherboard. The Z68 boards can have both the IGP and a Discrete GPU operate simultaneously. Alternatively his 6870 could support all 4 displays on its own, but he would have to get display port adapters, probably at least one active display port adapter, as odds are only one of the DVI ports on that card can actually take an analog signal. The second DVI is usually digital only, so no VGA to DVI adapters.

Solution
What are the connection ports that are available on the video card? What brand is the video card? Most of the cards have two dvi , one hdmi and two display ports , I would try to make all the connections through the video card and leave the motherboard outof it.

Chrism210pr

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

You were completely right, I'm pretty sure that the second DVI port is digital only. Worked perfectly, thanks a ton, I appreciate it