My first build, how are my temps and fan setup?

boixwunder

Honorable
May 14, 2012
My GPU, XFX Radeon HD 6770, hits as high as 63C according to CPUID Hardware Manager but, it usually lingers around 53C when I check it while playing a game. CPUID records the "highest" temperature at 63C mid gaming session.
Also,

My CPU, AMD Phenom II BE 965, runs at about 47C while under heavy load and was recorded of having hit 53C while gaming. It usually chills around 36C when I am using the internet and listening to itunes. I am using the stock heat sink for now, i will upgrade that if i decide to overclock.

My case is a HAF 912 and I have one 120mm in front, side, top, and rear. I have the front and side as intake and the top and rear as exhaust. I am toying with the idea of putting a 200mm up front and putting the extra 120mm fan as another exhaust fan up top.

I just want to make sure that these temps are normal and that my fan setup is good. Thanks for the feedback!

Solution
Your temps are acceptable, but as you say, overclocking may require a better heatsink. I wouldn't put too many fans in your case; they may start working against each other interupting airflow. The air needs to flow from front to back smoothly.
Your temps are acceptable, but as you say, overclocking may require a better heatsink. I wouldn't put too many fans in your case; they may start working against each other interupting airflow. The air needs to flow from front to back smoothly.

Solution
with gpu the vendor and people want them to be noise less so there is a fan profile in the bios and in the stock drivers. people that use nvidia cards use msi afterburner to read that fan profile and adjust it. having the fans go from 30-40 percent to 50-100 precent a lot sooner so the gpu stays cooler. i would see on amd over clock forum if the ccc has this built in or what 3 party software people use. faster the gpu fan is set the louder the fan is going to be..it going to be a trade off between good temps and a jet taking off.

iendigma

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
I have a similar setup, HAF 912.

In: 200mm front; 140mm side
Out: 200mm top; 120mm rear

CPU: Xigmatek Dark Stealth thing; push/pull 120mm fans to top.

PCI Slot: 92mm pull to rear

If you want to mitigate noise with this case use anti-vibration mounts and modify the fans that make the most noise with permanent pressure applied to them.

Especially with the side fan you want to put pressure on that side panel because it will vibrate like nobody's business. You can do this most un-intrusivley by putting some form of soft or rubber contacts into the holes where the side panels arms fit into the guides to hold the panel snug to the case.

You can also run a strip of electrical tape down the metal strip at the front of the case, where the side panel meets the case, to absorb some of those cruel vibrations.

Yes, the panel will flex off of the case a bit there, what I did is drill a few holes for some thumb screws there to sink it back down or you could just take a black magic marker & run it along that gap to color the gray to make the illusion that the case is snug from most angles.