Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

(New Build) $1500

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 19, 2012 12:45:37 PM

Hi guys,



Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime before the end of August

Budget Range: $1000 - $1500

System Usage: Gaming

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, OS(Win7), PSU (Corsair 750w from my old rig)

Country: Australia

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 (24" Dell monitor)


PARTS:

Mobo - ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

CPU - i5 3570k

CPU Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

GPU - GTX 570 (Zotac)

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB DDR3)

SSD - Corsair Force Series 3 60GB (OS Drive)

HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black (64mb 7200rpm)


Comments: Would you guys do me a huge favour and just take a look at these parts and see if I will run into any problems when I build it? I'm pretty confident that it's ok but just to be on the safe side....

cheers,
chucklehead74 :) 




More about : build 1500

June 19, 2012 1:43:40 PM

The rig in my signature cost $1700 AUD, considering you have a PSU, OS already and my rig has some... unnecessary accessories... on it which inflated the price a bit, you should easily be able to buy it with possibly a GTX670 or HD7950 in it.

Check out PC Case Gear,
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php

UMart
http://www.umart.com.au

and MSY
http://www.msy.com.au

For the cheapest prices I could find on components and where I sourced my PC from.

Good luck.
Note: 16GB of RAM is overkill for a gaming system.
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 3:30:47 PM

Thanks for your help Manofchalk....

I am actually getting all of my parts from PC Case Gear and adding that lot up together gave me a total of AU$1,190.00 which I'm happy with. Also my case (NZXT Phantom Full Tower) which I have bought separately for about AU$250.00 brings the total to AU$1,340.00 which leaves me with some cash which I would rather put towards games because the GTX 570 can already play most games on Ultra settings so I don't see the point in getting a better graphics card, could you advise me on this?

Note: Yes I realise 16GB is overkill and that 8GB or even 4GB would be more ideal, but I got a great price so I thought I would just get 16GB.

Cheers,
Chucklehead :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
June 19, 2012 5:27:28 PM

chucklehead74 said:
Hi guys,



Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime before the end of August

Budget Range: $1000 - $1500

System Usage: Gaming

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, OS(Win7), PSU (Corsair 750w from my old rig)

Country: Australia

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 (24" Dell monitor)


PARTS:

Mobo - ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

CPU - i5 3570k

CPU Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

GPU - GTX 570 (Zotac)

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB DDR3)

SSD - Corsair Force Series 3 60GB (OS Drive)

HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black (64mb 7200rpm)


Comments: Would you guys do me a huge favour and just take a look at these parts and see if I will run into any problems when I build it? I'm pretty confident that it's ok but just to be on the safe side....

cheers,
chucklehead74 :) 

There's no need for 16GB of RAM for a gaming build. That's total over kill. Look for 2x4GB of RAM which is still over kill but RAM is cheap atm so go for it.

Also look for this card due out at the end of July.

http://videocardz.com/nvidia/geforce-600/geforce-gtx-66... $300 USD ($400 AUD?)
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 11:32:11 PM

Why_Me said:
There's no need for 16GB of RAM for a gaming build. That's total over kill. Look for 2x4GB of RAM which is still over kill but RAM is cheap atm so go for it.

Also look for this card due out at the end of July.

http://videocardz.com/nvidia/geforce-600/geforce-gtx-66... $300 USD ($400 AUD?)
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660


Yeah, so obviously it's recommended that I should upgrade my GPU. I'll look into that and watch out for the GTX 660. But other than that is the rest of my system fine, no problems? Yeah I'll take a look at the RAM as well.

Cheers for you help!

Chucklehead :) 
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 11:51:39 PM

chucklehead74 said:
Yeah, so obviously it's recommended that I should upgrade my GPU. I'll look into that and watch out for the GTX 660. But other than that is the rest of my system fine, no problems? Yeah I'll take a look at the RAM as well.

Cheers for you help!

Chucklehead :) 

Everything else looks solid. One thing to keep in mind, SSD's get cheaper by the month. So if you don't get one right away you can pick one up on the cheap later on.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $129.00
SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 120GB
m
0
l
June 19, 2012 11:58:33 PM

Ok some adjustments....

PARTS:

Mobo - ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

CPU - i5 3570k

CPU Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 680 2GB (Would you guys recommend a different brand live EVGA or ASUS rather than Gigabyte?)

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB Black (2x4GB)

SSD - Corsair Force Series 3 60GB (OS Drive)

HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black (64mb 7200rpm)

This comes to a total of AU$1,442.00

Is this better value for money? And will this all work fine?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Chucklehead :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

June 20, 2012 12:06:17 AM

chucklehead74 said:
Ok some adjustments....

PARTS:

Mobo - ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

CPU - i5 3570k

CPU Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 680 2GB (Would you guys recommend a different brand live EVGA or ASUS rather than Gigabyte?)

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB Black (2x4GB)

SSD - Corsair Force Series 3 60GB (OS Drive)

HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black (64mb 7200rpm)

This comes to a total of AU$1,442.00

Is this better value for money? And will this all work fine?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Chucklehead :) 

Forget the 680. The 670 when o/c without even adding voltage to it runs head to head with the 680 and does it for $100 cheaper. Google some benchmarks on that 670...it's a beast. Take that $100 saved and size up to a 120GB SSD so you can put some games on it. Nothing beats loading up a level (map) on an SSD. Your in the map and running around when other peeps are still downloading the map.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5818/nvidia-geforce-gtx-6... <----- That's a review w/benchmarks on a stock EVGA 670.
Share
June 20, 2012 1:25:25 AM

Why_Me said:
Forget the 680. The 670 when o/c without even adding voltage to it runs head to head with the 680 and does it for $100 cheaper. Google some benchmarks on that 670...it's a beast. Take that $100 saved and size up to a 120GB SSD so you can put some games on it. Nothing beats loading up a level (map) on an SSD. Your in the map and running around when other peeps are still downloading the map.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5818/nvidia-geforce-gtx-6... <----- That's a review w/benchmarks on a stock EVGA 670.



Ok thanks for that, I'll definitely look into the 570 would you recommend EVGA or...?
m
0
l
July 11, 2012 5:34:13 AM

OK just realized I hadn't closed this thread yet, but before I do I wanted to ask a quick question. I didn't worry about looking for an optical drive because I already had one, but by just looking I realized it may be too old to use so I will upload some photos and could you guys see if it will work on the Motherboard i'm going to use (AsRock Z77 Extreme 4)? Also which cables will I need for it to work? This isn't a huge deal because optical drives are so cheap nowadays but I would rather use this one if it is at all possible.

" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />



" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />





To just confirm this is the final update on my system:


PARTS:

Mobo - ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

CPU - i5 3570k

CPU Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB Black (2x4GB)

SSD - Corsair Force Series 3 120GB (OS Drive)

HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black (64mb 7200rpm)


" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />



Thanks for all your help guys !!
m
0
l
July 11, 2012 6:02:50 AM

Yes, that is old. IDE to SATA adapters cause problems as well. I'd get the Lite-On DVD Burner for $17.
m
0
l
July 11, 2012 6:09:20 AM

Hi azeem40,

I thought it was too old, looks like I'll have to just grab a cheap one.

Thanks again,

chucklehead
m
0
l
July 11, 2012 6:10:10 AM

Best answer selected by chucklehead74.
m
0
l
!