How many watts is my power supply?

singhun1t

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
I opened up my pc and took some pics because there is no sticker saying the amount of watts it is, but i dont know how to upload the pics to this site. can somebody help?

Solution
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 650 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated @ 45°C-50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

socialfox

Distinguished
This computer that is also from Ibuypower has the same specifications:
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/iBuypower-OS504FX-3.6GHz-AMD-FX-4100-1TB-Gaming-Computer/6493553/product.html

It has a 480 watt power supply, so I would say you too have a 480 watt power supply or lower.

To upload pictures first make sure they are in JPEG format then go to imageshack
http://imageshack.us/
and upload your picture, once done click on the picture and then on embedded and simply copy the forum url and the picture will appear in your post.

Good luck,

Socialfox :)

singhun1t

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
dsc00816by.jpg
[/URL][/img]
dsc00817rn.jpg
[/URL][/img]

socialfox

Distinguished
Yeah......you know what lets just call it a 480 watt power supply. Ibuypower definitely looks like it skimped on the power supply. Looks like some cheap chinese power supply, I doubt it delivers 480 watts actually. Great they did not slap a power distribution label because it probably is no where 480 watts. Also I think its time for a dust cleanup :p

- Socialfox :)

singhun1t

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Alright well thanks anyway for checking it out. I would update my power supply too, but im not good at that and i do think i shud clean the pc out soon. Well i might just get the graphics card assuming its 480 watts. If it runs then fine, but if it doesn't then i will know that i need to upgrade my power supply. I think it might be a 300 watt or so, but i cant tell. Thanks for checking it out.

singhun1t

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Alright i know its been a while since i posted anything on this topic, but just today i opened up my computer, unscrewed the psu, and i found a sticker. It said SDGR-480 which im guessing is a 480 watt power supply? IM not sure but can someone tell me if i am right.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
From the looks of the wiring coming out of the PSU and their size, I would say you should assume a 350W at max. Does it even have a single PCIe power cable? Also, check the nameplate's +12V rating(s)
And yes, take the PC outside and blow the dirt out of it. Then, if the bottom has a vent, turn the PSU over so the fan is facing down. It won't fill up with dirt that way and will cool itself with fresh air rather than heated air from the PC.

singhun1t

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Well thanks for the advice, but ima assume its at least a 400 watt so i can buy a nvidia gtx 650 ti 2gb ddr5 card, but thanks for helping. Im not sure wether to flip the psu upside down because im very new to pc gaming and kind of cautious when it comes to altering or moving parts and i have cleaned the pc out since then.

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 650 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated @ 45°C-50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

Solution

singhun1t

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Ok, well im just gonna go out and buy a new power supply if necessary, but i might also just get the radeon 6670 card since i know that card will work with my current setup.