Disk Image Copy SCSI to IDE?

G

Is this possible? I am beginning to wonder. I recently added a Western Digital 40 gig HD to my system and got it working thanks to some help from some of you. My old HD is an IBM 4.5 gig SCSI 2. My plan was to simply disk image copy everthing on the old drive over to the new one and make the new one the bootable drive. Sounds simple to me, but I have learned that I have a lot to learn! Someone suggested disk2disk software. I tried it and it turns out that disk2disk is a backup program, and will not disk image copy. A tech there confirmed that. I went back to Western Digital, after hearing that their proprietary Lifeguard software would do the trick, but found that it only works for IDE to IDE. I heard that Norton Ghost would work, but that may be only for IDE, and I don't want to shell out $70 before I know it will work. Has anyone ever disk image copied a SCSI to an IDE? If so, please tell me how you did it. Thanks in advance!

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
I know that older versions of ghost (ver 5) wont recognise scsi drives,maybe newer versions will, have a look at their site www.powerquest.com or maybe drop them a mail, there HAS to be software that will do it.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers