Ron

how do i remove the BIG blue navigation pane from left side of my screen?
on my hp pavilion notebook.

ron

Go here:

After reading the instructions.
Scroll down to:
15. Remove Common Tasks from the Desktop

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:0989E980-3F83-417D-8662-EA3F017C9A9C@microsoft.com,
ron <ron@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> how do i remove the BIG blue navigation pane from left side of my
> screen? on my hp pavilion notebook.
>

> ron

Click Start/Run and type:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

Restart Windows.

-or-

Download a VBScript which removes Common Tasks from Desktop:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User