Sign in with
Your question

Help with building pc for the first time

Last response: in Systems
June 19, 2012 5:35:50 PM

Hey guys this is my first time building a pc. Ive spent a bit of time researching and choosing parts but i'm pretty new to this.

1. What YOUR PC will be used for.

Gaming - bf3 etc

2. What YOUR budget is.

Preferably under £700

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.

UK

4. IF YOU have a brand preference.

Prefer Intel and nVidia

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.

No current parts

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.

Would like to be able to overclock in the future

8. What resolution will you be using?

1920 × 1080

9. WHEN do you plan to build it?

In about 3 weeks

These are the parts which I have been looking at:
CPU: i5-3570k - £175 (only £10 more than 2500K)
GPU: (Heres where im stuggling I was originally looking at the Asus nVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 TI Direct II TOP 1GB (£180) or MSI nVIDIA GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr II 1GB (£163) however, I've been told that the Sapphire 7850 2gb (£190) is worth the extra money (note that i would like to buy another in a year or so).
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4 £110
Case: NZXT phantom 410 £80 (want it to look nice and i really like the look of this case)
RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz low profile £41
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Blue 500Gb SATA3 £52
PSU: Corsair GS800 800W (not sure if this is too much) £83
Drive: Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x £14

Total: around £735 depending on GPU

All the prices are from amazon uk.
I plan to buy another graphics card in a year or so.

I was just wondering if you guys could tell me if I have missed anything or if there is a much better (or cheaper) option that I should be looking at.
The components above are slightly more expensive than i would like but if its going to run games well, be able to oc and have good upgradeability im willing to spend a few extra pounds.

Thanks very much in advance :) 

More about : building time

June 19, 2012 5:37:43 PM

You say you have no parts, yet you don't include a monitor and OS in your build?
June 19, 2012 5:45:39 PM

Sorry my bad I really should have included it. the monitor I have been looking at is the Acer S243HLBMI 24-inch for £165 though this i rather more that i'd like to spend. For the total build my costs would be more towards £900 atm but i'd really like to try to get it down to below £800 if I can!
!