Building new pc, advice/will it work?

I am building a new pc, and I think I chose parts that are compatible. I want to be sure before I order of course so any help with that would be great! Also any other advice would be appreciated as well, its been a long time since I have built one and don't want to make a expensive mistake haha! Thank you! Here is the link to the list of parts I plan on purchasing.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=18282691
6 answers Last reply
More about building advice will work
  1. LOL! this pick-a-part list will surely work.. looking through your specs, the 2011 motherboard and cpu.
    the high quality power supply, gtx 680, everything will work man.

you officially and certainly have a badass, compatible, workable pc.
  2. Swap out the RAM for a 4x4GB kit of RAM :) The kit you have selected now will only provide two DIMMs; this will leave you rig running in Dual Channel apposed to the Quad Channel the X79 platform is fully capable of.
  3. mocchan said:
    Swap out the RAM for a 4x4GB kit of RAM :) The kit you have selected now will only provide two DIMMs; this will leave you rig running in Dual Channel apposed to the Quad Channel the X79 platform is fully capable of.

oh ya.. missed that part though... haha

+1
  4. I would definitley be adding a SSD boot drive in there. Will boost performance of general use substancially.
  5. Thanks guys, and yes I forgot to update the ram on the wishlist I caught that I could quad channel it after reviewing everything. Good to know that everything will work well, felt too nervous hitting the confirm order button!
  6. Glad to have eased some of your nerves :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Compatibility