Sign in with
Your question
Closed

$1000 budget for computer

Last response: in CPUs
October 23, 2012 12:21:46 AM

I've been reading and referring to this site for a year or two and this is my first post. As you can tell from the title I have $1000 to spend on a computer. I'm interested in gaming and just general computer wizardry. So I guess I'm just looking for a little advice. I've been looking at computerlx.com and ibuypower.com .

I'm just curious as to what you all would do if you had just $1000 to buy the best computer possible.

More about : 1000 budget computer

Best solution

a c 387 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
October 25, 2012 3:12:07 AM

Most folks here will recommend you assemble your own gaming PC. Once you have the components in mind, it's basically just putting the parts together. You'll need:

Case
Power Supply
Motherboard
Processor
Memory
Graphics Card
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Operating System (Win7)

If building your own is out, I really have no experience with either pre-built brand. But lots of folks like the ibuypower. The last pre-built I bought was a Velocity Micro. Those I can vouch for as being a well made PC built in the U.S.: http://www.velocitymicro.com/category.php?cid=12
If you are interested in a slightly used gaming PC at ~$700, PM me and I'll link you to one I have on ebay. I built it earlier this summer.
a b à CPUs
October 25, 2012 4:46:53 AM

I see what you did there.

That velocity micro is very marginalized with it's methods. They have an option where you pay to have them install free software for you. looool.

Or you could buy from a guy in this website for less~

jkjk
Score
Related resources
a c 387 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
October 25, 2012 5:52:27 PM

NoUserBar said:
They have an option where you pay to have them install free software for you.

I'm sorry, what do you mean?
Score
a b à CPUs
October 25, 2012 9:36:15 PM

It was a bad joke, but about that quoted line: http://www.velocitymicro.com/wizard.php?iid=193

If you go down to the Security Software downarrow, it will have an option where they install Microsoft Security Essentials for you for $10. That's a free software you can just download from Microsoft yourself.
lolz
(maybe the no hassle of downloading the software yourself is worth $10 to some?...)
Score
a c 387 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
October 25, 2012 9:45:47 PM

NoUserBar said:
It was a bad joke, but about that quoted line: http://www.velocitymicro.com/wizard.php?iid=193

If you go down to the Security Software downarrow, it will have an option where they install Microsoft Security Essentials for you for $10. That's a free software you can just download from Microsoft yourself.
lolz
(maybe the no hassle of downloading the software yourself is worth $10 to some?...)

Ok, I see what you mean. Yeah, that's probably what the $10 is for. It's been a long time since I bought a PC from them. I'm only assuming they are still the good people they were back then.
Score
October 25, 2012 10:15:07 PM

I am in the same price range as you, starting a build in a few weeks I just posted the components I'll be buying for some feedback. Based on my knowledge and research I believe it will a very solid rig that should run just about any game on high settings.
I believe ill be right around $950.00
Score
November 6, 2012 11:33:57 AM

Best answer selected by slugga84.
Score
!