? about disappearing mouse pointers

Twice in the last month or so my cursor/mouse pointer folder has emptied for
some unknown reason. I always get them back using the method described here
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/mousepointers.htm .. the question is, what would
cause this to happen in the first place?

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada,

    Hi Peter,

    Not sure what's causing this. Perhaps a audit (for the "Cursors" folder) may
    help

    How To Audit User Access of Files, Folders, and Printers in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q310399&sd=tech

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Peter" <Ex-Brit ATrogers DOTcom (adjust accordingly)> wrote in message
    > Twice in the last month or so my cursor/mouse pointer folder has emptied
    > for some unknown reason. I always get them back using the method
    > described here http://windowsxp.mvps.org/mousepointers.htm .. the question
    > is, what would cause this to happen in the first place?
    >
    > --
    > Peter.
    > Toronto, Canada,
    > XP Home SP2.