Sign in with
Your question

2x6450=3 Monitors?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 24, 2012 7:05:19 PM

Hello everyone,
Since I have a spare Monitor around an my 6450 no displayport so that i can not get 3 monitors to work with the 1 6450 i just wanted to know if i would buy a second 6450 and put it in would that then enable me to then run 3 monitors at the combined 2 6450? I am not a gamer so there is not that much power needed but it would help me with my studies

More about : 2x6450 monitors

April 24, 2012 7:12:34 PM

Actually since I just read the Eyeinfinity Thread - Not all 3 monitors have the same resolution 2 are 1080 and the last one is 4:3 (can't remember the resolution right now)
Is a setup like this anyhow possible?
I basically need it do expand my desktop in windows
a b C Monitor
April 24, 2012 9:59:46 PM

I run 2x 5450's at work for three monitors so it's possible, however Eyefinity only allows 2 monitors between either card.
Related resources
a b C Monitor
April 24, 2012 11:13:38 PM

Yes this will work just fine. As long as you are using them as just displays you can mix and match any cards and any screens you want. Its really nice to give ie excel and outlook their own screens. They don't need to be the same make or resolution, or connection type.

Eyefinity allows windows to use all 2,3,or 4 monitors like 1 big screen. This allows games to be stretched across all screens. For this all monitors must match. But you don't want to stretch games you just want general productivity so you will not turn on eyefinity.
just plug in your extra gpu and your extra monitor and windows will do the rest.
a c 128 C Monitor
April 24, 2012 11:22:59 PM

Just so you know, you will not be able to crossfire them and get 3 monitors without one of the cards being a FLEX version or having displayport. As long as you aren't trying to game across all 3, it won't be a problem.
a b C Monitor
April 25, 2012 12:20:26 AM

bystander said:
Just so you know, you will not be able to crossfire them and get 3 monitors without one of the cards being a FLEX version or having displayport. As long as you aren't trying to game across all 3, it won't be a problem.

Which annoys me because the low profile cards (SFF Dell 790) all have the blasted DMS-59 connector to dual DVI.
!