Curious what would help more

My current configuration is as follows:

(Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit)

AMD FX4100 Quad-Core 3.6 Ghz
12 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1900x1080)
500 GB Seagate HDD
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard

I was curious as to what would possibly be the best performance boosting upgrade right now for gaming with me playing such titles as the MMORPG Tera & Diablo 3.

Was thinking the processor, but what's the best I can get right now that's compatible with my board?

Sort of on a budget but going to upgrade one thing now and the other's along the way, so maybe a list of priority to upgrade and what those upgrades are would be sweet.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help me; not so great with all the technical stuff.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about curious more
  1. It seems a balance rig, however you can SLI (2x) your card, then overclock the CPU.

Which is your power supply?
  2. Forget the actual brand, but it's 750watt
  3. Best answer
    750 Watt should be enough for 2 GTX 550 Ti in SLI. However I am not sure if you´d be able to overclock the cpu too, perhaps should be not a problem, depending upon the speed you push the cpu, and PSU brand.
  4. I think I have to agree with Jemm. I think a second GTX 550ti in SLI would be the most cost effective performance upgrade.

Good suggestion Jemm.
  5. Agreed with above^
    Maybe not the best performance boosting upgrade in game play but an SSD's. They have came down a bit and with some good deals out there it would make things feel and load a little quicker...
  6. Best answer selected by entityjustin.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems